colic/sleepy baby - please advise

pixie17

Reaction score
just looking for some advice. my 7 weeks old son has colic. he doesnt settle when put on his back and has had an uncomfortable night. he has been asleep but he was tossing throughout so i think this was wind bothering him? he settled on my chest when i picked him up and got a bit better quality sleep that way

he normally has two feeds per night; one at 1am and another at 5am. he had a feed at 12am but didnt 'wake' for his 5am feed. we got him up at 7am, he had a dirty nappy which was soaked into his nappy a bit more than normal (unsure if this was the runs or whether it was because it had been in his nappy so long) and when my husband fed him he then brought his milk back up. hes been really tired all morning and isisnt really taking his second bottle of the day. this is unusual as he is a very hungry baby. i have taken his temperature which is normal.

I think he is just tired from not getting good quality sleep. Does this sound the likely cause for him not taking his feed to you? I just want to make sure i am not missing something....

i am just wondering

Have u tried raising you LO mattress by propping it up slightly where his head is , I have heared this helps baby's with colic when putting them to bed . Xxx

My LO won't sleep on her back. After a lot of wrestling, we now put her on her side with a rolled up towel behind her. She sleeps a lot better this way. Xxx

I have the same problem with my daughter who is only ten days old! I got infacol from Tesco and checked with the midwife that it was safe to use with her being so young! But this stuff is suitable from birth. You just use the dropper to put some in their mouths before a feed. My LO has been winding so much better! Xx

Babies do have "tired" days as well where they sleep a lot more, he may be preparing for a growth spurt or has he just had one?

Henry is 7 weeks old with colic. He has infacol before every feed and it does help but it takes a few days to kick in. With regards to sleeping, I put Henry down on his tiny to sleep at night as he sleeps (10-6 last night) on his tummy. He was only sleeping 1-1 1/2 hours of a night on his back cos he got too uncomfortable. I invested in an angelcare movement sensor monitor for peace of mind with him now being a tummy sleeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back