day time naps advice please..

pixie17

Reaction score
my son is 2 and a half months old and i am very fortunate in that he is already sleeping through. however, day time naps are a bit of an issue. i have been trying to get him to nap between feeds (he is formula fed) however, he either doesnt want to go to sleep or only naps for 10 minutes. Come 4pm he is very grumpy and then it just goes downhill until his bedtime where is overtired. Its clear he needs to get a couple of good quality naps in during the day but im at a loss on how to get him into this routine. to make it more frustrating, when he does go down for a decent nap by himself its always when his feed is due. so do i let him sleep and mess up his feeding schedule or is there a way i can teach him to nap inbetween his feeds...andy advice?

Problem is that babies only need a finite amount of sleep during the day on average and if they are sleeping say 12 hours at night then they wont have much during the day!! My advice would be to grab them before they get too tired as when they are overtired they tend to only have short naps (in my experience) so we offer naps roughly every 2 hours (more in the morning) and then if he wakes up I try and resettle him and if he isnt having any of it then he must have had enough and if he is still tired he goes off to sleep again. Having said this HArrison doesnt sleep well at night at the moment so cud be different!!
xxx

Does your son waken at same time every morning or would you let him sleep til he wakes himself?

I found that the only way to get a routine started was to waken my LO every morning at 7 until she automatically started to do it herself. This meant that she was feeding at exact same times each day so eventually slept at same times each day....

Never wake a sleeping baby! Some old advice is right I think. I always put mine in there cot for day naps as I think they more comfortable and encourages routine, ur baby will wake wen hungry. Also bear in mind that u little one is still very young so all of this will prob change as they get more active , and babys routines change all the time as they get older xxx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back