Please help me!

newbump

Reaction score
Hi all

I really hope someone can help me! My son is 15 months and i can not keep him in his bed to sleep all night, sometimes he wakes up after being in bed for just half and hour!! i try to leave him to cry, but he doesnt stop! how long should i leave him for before seeing to him again?

Ive heard that it can be dangerous for boys if they are left for too long crying hysterically, is this true??

Please help!

Natalie xx

I think its 2 mins then you leave it longer an longer. Boys can get Hernias if they cry hysterically for too long

how long once you have left for 2 mins!! i thought that was the bad thing about it, getting hernia

thanks hun

xx

he has finally stopped, it has taken nearly an hour! thanks so much for the help, just wondered if there is a time limit on how long you should leave them, someone told me once half an hour, but surely thats too long?

I know Harry is alot younger but when he cries we leave him for around half an hour but check on him during that time

ok thank you, its mad, max was sleeping right through from about 3 months 12 hours no problems, then he got really sick and i couldnt leave him, he just needed mummy, now its really hard to leave him again, i always feel so guilty!

Try not to feel guilty hun, at the end of the day his crying and waking is helping neither of you. There is no medical evidence to suggest that leaving a male child to cry can lead to a hernia, believe me my husband is a scientist and one important thing he has taught me is that any set of results can be made to fit any study. The truth is the experts do not know for sure.

I am a huge believer in Gina fords methods you can go to her website or buy one of her books, (the contented little baby is one) in it she talks about controlled crying and how to do is correctly so that eventually everyone gets a good nights sleep and all are happy. I followed her advice and It only took 3 nights to solve the problem.

Good luck hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back