Advice please ladies :(:(

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Don't know what to do here :( basically my husband is in the RAF and we've just been posted to Northern Ireland, been here for a month now. I managed to get a part time job within a week (yay :D) then found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago :)... all is good right?!?! No, I absolutely HATE it here. All the wives around our housing estate are all much older than me and I smile at my neighbors and say good morning and what do i get?! Filthy looks!! I understand you get rude people wherever you live but it just seems on a completely different level here!! not just the wives but the locals as well, like when I go shopping or whatever!!

To sum it up I have absolutely no friends here and my husband works ten days on (8 til 5) and 4 days off and because I'm only part time our hours clash and I'm often just sitting in the house alone! Just pining for my friends and family and my hometown :( I don't know whether to just move back for a bit :S we're only here for a min of 2 years which I realise is not a lot but I just don't know if I can stand it anymore!!!

So sorry for the rant girls, any advice is welcome :)

xx

I moved from the north west to the north east of England and I HATED it! I was so so so so close to packing up and going back. It was really difficult, especially when I became pregnant, to be far away from my friends and family-especially my sister. Then one day it all changed. It sounds really corny but that day was a Sunday and the thing that changed was, we started going to church. The sense of community, friendship and neighbourlyness (random made up word there) was amazing. We weren't Christian and hadn't been to church before but we were welcomed in and now my life is completely different. I still miss my family but I now have an extended family. Could you maybe look at going somewhere like that? Or join in with things going on in the community? It might take a while and be hard at times but it'll be worth it.

hey huni :hugs: sorry your having a hard time! the other ladies would have all been though what your going through, though they arnt making it any easyer for you to setle in! is there any place like a group or something that you could join, maybe make some friends through that, or even through work?! its always hard when moving to a new area when you dont know anyone, it will take a while to build friendships and for it to feel like home, so maybe a visit home to you hometown would be a good idea, to give you a break from everything, and to get used to your changing hormone levels!!! best of luck xxx

Thanks guys. One of my husbands friends got posted here a year ago and his wife is awful, shes made things really hard for me lately. Like saying really patronising stuff about me being pregnant etc and she invites me out but when I do go out it feels like she takes the piss out of me so it's put me off. We've got a formal meal/ball thing coming up so hopefully i'll meet some others there. When we first got here I was loving it, probably because it was new and exciting and our house is lovely but now it's like "i wanna go home" xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back