Advice please girls...

flower

Reaction score
My doctor gave me a prescription for folic acid and something else called YODUK. Ive been taking folic acid for months anyway so thats fine, but i dont understand what the other stuff is and why i have to take it?? the instuctions say it is Yodu potassium (sorry, translating from spanish!) and that it is for people whose diets dont contain enough yodo. what on earth is yodo??? ive never even heard of it! The instuctions also say that it is not really recommended during pregnancy... so why did the doc give it to me? i might go to the pharmacy and ask them there. just wondering if anyone else has ever had to take it???

thanks!

The translation from Spanish for Yodo is Iodine. Iodine is needed in the diet to convert food into energy and it is needed for thyroid function and the production of thyroid hormones. Deficiency is common in pregnant women
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/...at it says not recommended during pregnancy.

Thankyou so much for that!!! I have been trying to call doctor but cant get through to him, of course! I cant really understand why hes given me this? anyway, thanks a lot for the info, its a bit clearer now!

or maybe try NHS direct if you can get though to your Dr.

Also, at my surgery, I can phone and ask to speak to the duty Dr, it'll not neceassarily be my GP but any of the others from the practice.

K.xxx

i would try i pharmacist if u cant get in touch with your doctor hun, especially if it says not recommended during pregnancy. xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back