Advice on working carers allowance plz :)

BabyWestwood

Reaction score
I work 24hrs a week and my partner is full time.
I work Mon,Wed, Thur, Fri 10-4 my son is with a registered childminder from 8-1.30 then my mum collects him and takes over.

I am now thinking of taking my mum out of the equation as shes becoming an interfering old bag but before I give my childminder more hrs id like a rough idea on how much carers allowance I will get paid.

Hope some1 can help xxx

Depends on your household income, do you already get some help with childcare?

My husband works full time and I am about to start working 25 hours a week but we aren't entitled to any help, out household income is too high. Infact it's too high on my OH's wage alone. I would give Tax Credits a call assuming you are already claiming something off them and ask what the difference would be if you upped childminder hours?

Yes we get help already as our total income is 23200pa will have to give them a call! Thanks 4 ur advice

Hi, to get carers allowance your income per week must be less than £100, they take into account any expenses you have for the person you are caring for, so say you earned £120 per week, but paid someone £20 to look after that person at some point or to help out in some way, then you would still be entitled to it.

I am not sure what working carers allowance is, I am talking about regular carers so sorry if its the wrong thing..

I dont think the household income comes into it, I am sure its on the individual carers income but I am not 100% on this, they only take income into account, things such as tax credits etc are not included in the calculations of income. xx

Last edited:
I have claimed carers allowance for my mum and they only took into account my income. Your allowed to earn upto £100 a week without expenses. You should also be in less than 16 hrs a week education if you are in education and courses etc.

The pay was 55.55 a week.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back