Advice on ways to deter animals from my house

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
First things first I will start with, I am an animal lover and absolutely adore cats and dogs. However, I have a problem with one or the other at the moment. Now I'm 90% sure its a cat but there is a 10% chance it could be a small dog. Since we moved into this house in February, there has been 5 instances of poop in my front garden/drive (I say drive as that is all mu front is). The front is paved with no grass or dirt at all. By the front door I have big stones just as a feature to attempt to make it look pretty.. its on these I keep finding a poop, so its literally outside my front door! Its not covered up as it is on stones and would be impossible to cover. I do find it odd that a cat would do this and leave it uncovered, but then I also would find it odd that a dog would roam and keep picking the same spot over and over with the owner allowing it iykwim?

Its real starting to irritate me now as I found one again yesterday which Harlow nearly fell in. Im also heavily pregnant and not impressed that I have to keep moving crap from my front (especially if its cats crap due to the risks it imposes on my unborn baby).

So the question is... what can I do to deter this from happening?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

I've had problems with cats pooing all over my back garden. Someone told me to put coffee granules down. So I went out with a jar of Nescafé, spread the grains around and there's been no more poo since.

Sounds like a cat to me!!

U can buy this stuff cat repelant or summing.. Dnt think its harmful to them but they will stay away. Get dim n see if the pooping stops. If not then might b a dog, but personally sounds like a cat to me xx

Thanks girls! Im going to go outside later armed with my Nescafe! Hehe. The neighbours will think im a loon ha!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

I totally understand where your coming from :( I hate cats being in my garden and having to clean up there mess! But anyway, if you have some orange peel that works. I will need to try the coffee one dd

One of my neighbours was complaining about something very similar a few weeks ago. She was baffled since it was on the driveway and discovered it was a fox! Not sure how to deter them though, not nice at all :/

Foxes are deterred by male wee yup best thing to do is get oh to pee in a jar/jug and pour it around the perimiter area it keeps them away. If it's a cat or dog iv heard black pepper works tho it seemed to work here for a few days (pepper) then rained and since then poops appearing again.I might try the nescafe!! X

If its a cat then you can try freeze dried lion poo. A few places sell it. It's been treated and is not noxious or smelly to us. I think you can get it in a spray too. Basically a cat picks up the scent of a really big cat and gets scared off. Might work for a fox too, you never know lol.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Without being really grossed out.......is it black and shiney??? If so could be Hedgehog, they are known to regularly mark their territory with spraint!!!

Dog, cat, fox and hedgehog poo are all pretty different when compared side by side, could be worth google imaging ( gross, sorry!) to identify. Sounds like a cat though, sounds like the perfect litter tray.

Doesn't sound like a cat to me?! unlike a cat not to go somewhere where they cant cover it up? weird - quite out of character I think ....

The cats that have pooed in my garden have made no attempt to bury their poo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back