Advice on how to conceive on THIS MORNING in a minute.

MissSara

Reaction score
Hi ladies, for those who are interested i just thought i would let you know that on " this morning " there is a doctor giving advive on TTC.

Just thought it may be some interest to some of you xxx

Darn it Im not near a telly.....can someone post the jist of it all on here maybe?

I'm at work.... :(

Can someone post on here if it's interesting

Lord Robert Winston at 11.20, they're talking calls on 0870 333 0550

He said that losing weight is important if you have problems conceiving, stopping smoking less important and he's not convinced that caffeine has any effect.

Interestingly he doesn't think temperature charting makes too much difference but advises sex twice a week throughout the cycle.

:rotfl: CB23 I have just emailed them a question about the temping statement..... :D I was quite shocked as he said everything opposite to my doctor - dont worry about caffine or smoking, dont bother temping or worry about cervical fluid - just have sex 2 or 3 times a week throughout the month........ The weight thing was interesting too.

Twice a week - that all?!
I guess it makes sense in theory (if sperms survive for 3 days then you would be covered but what if they don't)
I thought it was recommended to BD every other day during fertile period if low sperm count and everyday during fertile period if normal sperm count.
I guess though you would need to know when your own fertile period was though and thats where charting would come in. I presume as he's not recommending charting he is just saying BD all through and you should be covered anyway......
Also I guess it takes the pressure off and if you don't know when you are ov you wouldn't know the difference between 'babymaking' sex and 'normal' sex so I guess that might help?

Hmmmmm

I would think the reason he doesn't advise charting is that it tels you when you have ovulated so are hence too late?

ROM be interesting to see if you get a response. So much conflicting advice :wall: :wall:

I may buy the book he has out, a child against all odds.

Anyway they're doing the calls now.

Oh how sad, a lady been trying 8 years and had 7 miscarriages, including the loss of twins after IVF after being told she had premature ovarian failure. Prof Winston said probably only a 2% chance of having a baby and gave advice on getting counselling to move on and accept that it won't happen now.

I'm pleased to hear that he says that most fertility problems are treatable. I do agree with him in that it really does depend on how sympathetic your GP is.

I found his advice very straight forward, he didn't beat about the bush and try to avoid the truth.

Although i feel for that poor woman, bless her.

Anyway i hope after his advice there is a boom off BFP's in here, good luck all off you xxx

:( That is sad!

CB23 I went on the Gd Morning website and it mentions that book.
I think its mostly about fertility problems and also about how we are 'playing with fertility and conception' with all the medicines and treatments out there and the like but he is very well respected and I think he probably does have a lot to say.....its just, as ROM and you have said - everyone seems to say something different dont they! :roll:

I never saw This Morning but it is interesting to hear that giving up smoking and keeping charts don't make much difference but losing weight does. And BDing 2-3 times a week? We've always gone for it before, during and just after Ovulation and then have a break until after the next AF. My dr told me that every couple should be BDing 2-3 times a week regardless of whether ovulation has taken place or not... :think: Maybe we'll start doing that.

Funnily enough OH and I decided earlier that we are now going to do our upmost to have sex 3 times a week. I will still continue to chart as I like to see the funny pattern! haha! really, i will keep charting as I like to know when to expect my period, but Im not going to do OPKs anymore. Hopefully this will lead to a more healthy sex life and less pressure on the both of us, certainly on him to perform so much around ovulation.

I shall let you know how it goes next month! :cheer:

Loola said:
Funnily enough OH and I decided earlier that we are now going to do our upmost to have sex 3 times a week. I will still continue to chart as I like to see the funny pattern! haha! really, i will keep charting as I like to know when to expect my period, but Im not going to do OPKs anymore. Hopefully this will lead to a more healthy sex life and less pressure on the both of us, certainly on him to perform so much around ovulation.

I shall let you know how it goes next month! :cheer:

Loola, did you not find OPKs usefull? im really exitied this month that we used our OPKs and i know we BD alot over my fertile time, im really hopefull and expect a BFP this month even though i shouldt, i just chose my wedding dress today and chose the most beautiful dress iv ever seen but why i loved itso much is because if i am pregnant, it will still look perfect with a beautiful bump underneath :D we will be getting married next month if were expecting so i really hope so. :pray:

I do find them useful but in some ways I just dont want to know when Im ovulating anymore as it just puts loads of pressure on me and my OH to perform on just a few days a month. I now want us to have sex all the way through the month and because we want to have sex, not just for babymaking. Ive been using OPK's for 8 out of the 10 months we have been trying and honestly I dont think they have done us any good. Without knowing exactly when Ive ovulated and having loads of sex all month might work better for us! :pray:

Hope they work for you though :hug: hope your getting your wedding wish too :cheer:

yeah, its nice to BD, but for the pleasure and not just babymaking. i know where your coming from :wink: so did you get ++ on any of your OPKs? i near-enough know when im going to Ov, around CD9- CD16 i used them this month and got ++ on CD10 and CD11 so am really exited. we are still BDing. do you think it may have worked for me ? im cramping alot and have alot of preasure in lower stomach area ? :think: i really hope so. im so exited that i got my ++ OPK shouldnt i be :?

Yeah I always got + on my OPKs, so we should have BD'd at the right time, its just not happening for us unfortunately.

If you are cramping and have low pressure than that sounds really hopeful for you! Best of luck. Of course you should be pleased you got your + :cheer:

I dont think its anything to do with OPKs why I havent got pregnant yet, there must be a problem with either one of us or both of us. I shall find out soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back