Advice on gro bag in hot weather

lauramumof2

Reaction score
Im not sure how hot England is getting it just now but its a scorcher up here just now in Scotland and at night its causing problems. Ive never had a problem with Jessica at night but the last few nights have been tough and i think its due to thebed clothes.

I usually use a gro bag but decided not to on monday so I put in in shorts and a t-shirt with a fleecy cover. Not happy and up during the night.

Last night I put her in p'j's with no undergarments and a cover. Nope!

Would it be okay to put her in her gro bag with just a t-shirt and nothing else. Even when I popped in on her last night when she was sleeping she didnt look as comfy as usual.

Any suggestions????

How thick is your grobag? I have one that's just towelling really, and if it's hot I'll stick Brody in a vest then grobag. Later on in the summer I might even just put him in a vest.

I've been wondering that too, I took Aimee out of her grobag last week cos she seemed to be getting to hot. She has a sleepsuit on with no vest and I put a fleece blanket on her but she isn't sleeping well and the blankets irritates her eczema. Her bag is 1 tog i think! What should be used in summer does anyone know?

Hi Laura

You can use the lowest grade sleeping bag - 1.0 tog is what we use for Heidi as our room and Heidi's room has always been too warm at about 21-24 - so I bought a 1 tog grobag and she wears that with a short sleeve vest (the all in-ones with no legs or sleeves)

I have found that only gro-bag make the one togs. i have been everywhere cos I know that sainsburys, asda and a few other places to really nice gro bags but they dont do 1 tog. So I have had to buy both of ours from Grobag.

Hope this helps

L x

Thank you everyone. I have phoned down my local baby shop and they have put by a 1 tog for me to get later.

in high summer you can also get 0.5 togs i got one for matthew the other day because it was so hot, so he could still have a sleep suit on, like you the grobag is part of the routine so dont want to not put him in one, i also picked up a 1 tog so now he has all the tog ratings whatever the weather!!

ooohhhh where did you get the 0.5 tog from!?

L x

I'm not sure if it's going to work but I got one of those nightie things from Asda that are sewn across the bottom as they are just cotton but would be a bit like a grobag in that he shouldn't be able to stradle the cot easily or get tangled in anything. I figured that when it gets really hot I'd put him in just that with maybe a vest...?

+++

I got the .5 from kiddicare as i live in peterborough but you can get them from grobag themselves think they have a catalogue called bump to three will try and find a link!

Hiya
Tne 1.0 tog worked a treat. Last night she didnt get up till 7 and I think that was because dh's alarm went off. She is still not happy at going to bed but only crys for 1 min then goes to sleep.

Thats brilliant news! Think I am going to get a 0.5 tog for summer

L x

so what are the differences between the togs i checked kacy tonight just wondering cos i didn't know that you could get different thinkness and her is a 0.3 it is quicket thin but she is still getting to hot in that, can someone tell me the difference and which one is the best for the summer??? Please

Hiya
I would go for the thinnest one possible in summer, I didn't know they did a 0.3 that sounds great for hot weather.
1.0 tog is quite standard for gro-bag, but they go up to about 2.5 I think.
ooh look what I found:

GOOD TOG INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE

urchin said:
Hiya
I would go for the thinnest one possible in summer, I didn't know they did a 0.3 that sounds great for hot weather.
1.0 tog is quite standard for gro-bag, but they go up to about 2.5 I think.
ooh look what I found:

GOOD TOG INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE

Quoting this as very useful info!

Thats a brilliant shop!

I darent save that site to my favourites - the O/H is already going nuts cos I keep spending money we havent got!!! lol

L x

the O/H is already going nuts cos I keep spending money we havent got!!! lol

snap! :lol:

i seem to have become addicted to internet shopping! it's so handy!! click click and then it's delivered to your door!!! love it! most recent purchases include some funky sunglasses (yet to arrive) and a sunshade (rayshade) for my buggy instead of the parasols that never work properly!

also when you buy grobags they come with a nursery thermometer and then on the back it has all that tog info that urchin has mentioned for quick reference when bed time rolls round!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back