Advice on Foetal Heatbeat

suzanne

Reaction score
Hi

Can someone give me some advice?

Today I’ve had my second early pregnancy scan. I’m approximately 6 weeks pregnant, and they could not detect a heartbeat.

I’ve also been informed that this is most likely a “missed miscarriage” I have had slight spotting but that seems to have stopped.

I have another scan booked for next week, I’m wondering what the likely hood is that they will find a heartbeat next week?

Id appreciate any advice on this

Br

Suz

Hi Suzanne,

What did they see at the scan? It could be too early to detect a heartbeat.. I have heard many cases where it was detected after 6 / 7 weeks. Try to hang in there and stay positive :?

Are you having normal preg symptoms? If your spotting has stopped it could have just been further implantation bleeding.

I hope all is well at your next scan.. try to take it easy and rest as much as possible until then to give your little bean all the help he /she may need.

x

Hi Anna Marie

Many thanks for the advice.

They saw the foetus on the scan, but could not detect the heartbeat. The foetus was also quite small.

The "Radiographer" did have some doubt whether this is/was a definite miscarriage ?

On the first scan, they did notice some bleeding near the sack. I asked if the spotting that Ive had could be that bleeding , she said this was possible.

However she did have concerns as to why the foetus hadn't grown since the last scan (2 weeks ago)

Its just very up-setting

Thanks Suzanne

If they are not sure there is hope!!!!

I have had 3 m/c and my last one was in August last year.. that m/c was confirmed by a scan at 8 weeks.. the week before I had been scanned they had detected a heartbeat but they were 100% there was no heartbeat and within 3 days I started to bleed heavily and miscarried naturally at home.

If your bleeding has stopped it really is a good sign.. but the waiting is torture I am sure..

xx

Thinking of you Suzanne, have no advice to offer im afraid as I have no knowledge but chin up and try not to worry even tho its hard xxx

I had bleeding from 4 - 8 weeks i went for a scan at 5 1/2 weeks and there was a heart beat and i went again at 7 weeks the heart beat was still there and baby had grown by the amount it should have in that time.

I've read that sometimes a heartbeat is unable to be detected until 7 weeks, depending on numerous factors, the foetus should have grown though, is it possible you've got your dates wrong? has the foetus grown at all since last scan?

i had to have a scan at 5 wks + 5 days & they could not detect a heartbeat because it was too early, but when i was re-scanned at 7 weeks they saw the heartbeat, but i couldn't as it was too small!

i also had 2 bleeds that were near the sac- they called this a possible implantation bleed, they must have gone by the 13 wk scan coz they didn't mention it.

good luck.

Hi

I feel for you. I am about 6 weeks pregnant -at least the HRC hormone is showing on urine tests. I tried to make an appointment with the hospital to have an U/S scan and they have said it is not advisable to have a scan until at least 7 weeks as it is not always possible to detect a heartbeat at this stage. The doc said "nobody wants a 'perhaps'". I felt this was sound advice and am waiting till i am sure i'm at least 7 weeks, nearer 8. Read from this what you will but fingers crossed your last scan was a 'perhaps' and the next will provide you with a concrete answer.

hi, I had a scan at 5 weeks to check my dates and saw an empty sac, they said to come back in 2 weeks, and when i went back at 7 weeks there was a definite heartbeat we could see very clearly. It went from nothing to a near baby shape with heartbeat in 2 weeks amazing!!!!! Hope all is well hun and you get the reassurance you need at the next scan, k.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back