Advice on bleeding.................

-lisa-

Reaction score
I do apologise for this post as i dont want to lower the mood if you know what I mean but I really dont know who else to ask. I know that if I go to a&e that they dont do scans at weekend or on bankholidays so may as well leave it until tomorrow. I did go to my booking in appointment on Friday and told them that i had been bleeding Wednesday and that it had started again that morning and was red,which was worrying me, rather than brown which ive had all the way upto now. They told me to take it easy and made me an appointment for a week today to see the consultant. When I had my scan it showed an area where I was bleeding from which was away from baby and I was told it would probably continue happening. They did listen to babies heartbeat at the appointment which made me feel better at the time.
So I have been taking it easy and then on going to bed last night had a really bad pain in my right hand side but in the end got to sleep. Then woke up in the early hours totally flooded. This happened a few times, totally filling each towel within seconds after trying to sort myself out, with this pain continuing in my side. Ive now got to the stage where ive been back to sleep and on getting up the pad was only half full. (very sorry for too much information). The only good point I can think of is that there have been no clots.
I have had two miscarriages over the years but they were both within the first eight weeks of pregnancy and were just like a heavy period with bad period pain feeling but nothing like this unbearable pain on my right hand side so im really not sure what to think.
It feels like a bad thing to ask but i'm hoping that somebody can advise me on this sort of pain and bleeding at this stage in pregnancy so that I may know one way or the other what is going on. Thanks.

If you have already had bleeding and they've identified where it's coming from chances are it's that. A friend of mine had a similar problem where the baby would move and start the bleeding off again throughout her whole pregnancy. I would contact the local A&E as they may be able to book you in for a scan tomorrow as you are 16 weeks.

Sorry I can't be much help. :hug:

It could just be where you were bleeding from, I think if they were worried they'd have got you in ASAP.

If I were you. I'd ring the delivery suite at your hospital. Even if they can't scan you today, it's worth going on for your own piece of mind, they'll have other ways of checking surely? Like a doppler?

Oh actually - Have you got a doppler? Maybe listening to the baby's heartbeat will put your mind at rest?

You must be going through the mill right now so here are some hugs babe :hug: :hug: Keep us updated xxx

Oh its horrible that they dont scan on weekends and bank holidays?
I dont have any advice but wanted to give you some of these! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

First of all :hug: :hug: :hug:

Since you have had brown blood in the past and they have identified it is not from the baby, perhaps the red is coming from the same area but is instead a little bit more intense?

I recently had red blood and when I went into hospital they did not do a scan, they said they did not need to because they had used the doppler and it showed good heartbeat. They then did an internal scan which was very painful as they had to take several swabs but this assured them the cervix was closed. The swabs did come back bloody (sorry tmi) but that was identified as "skin erosion". I too had painful cramps, tummy aches in lower area, cannot be sure if it was concentrated on one area but then this was identified as Kidney Infection/urine infection which can give a very painful tummy area. For me all of this happened about 10 days ago and everything has been fine since then.

Sometimes there are lots of reasons than the obvious. It would be worth it going to the hospital even though its a bank holiday. The doctors can run blood reports etc to look for infection or do internal.

Hope the bleeding stops soon and all is well :hug: :hug:

Oh gosh I had a kidney infection with my first! :( The pain of that was worse than labour! All in my back it was horrid! I also bled a couple of times when pg with my first!

I had similar sounding bleeds too, I know its the last place you wanna be but I would go to the hospital so they can check your bloods, if you've bled alot your heamoglobin levels can drop which can make you ill and therefore isnt good for the baby. At least if you go down then your in the right place if you bleed anymore and they can scan you in the morning. Seems daft that they cant do a scan over a weekend, is there a hospital that isnt too far away that you could go to instead? Might be worth a go? Anyways hun, hope all sorts itself out and calms down for your own peace of mind xx :hug:

I did try ringing EPAU but it was on answerphone. Also ive been trying with the doppler for a few weeks now but not been able to find heartbeat and so after using all the gel never bothered to buy anymore. Was waiting for the duty chemist to open which was only for an hour at lunchtime due to the bankholiday, to buy some more. Been trying now and again for last few hours and now I think I actually found it!!!...Tried it another few times to make sure and it showed up on the display too as 143......thats deffinitely got to be the babies hasnt it? I will still ring the midwife/maternity ward in the morning and see if I can possibly get an appointment for a scan but the doppler has calmed me down a bit.
Thanks for replys. I do know that the pain cant be a water infection or anything because I was tested for that at the booking in appointment on Friday. Also I am assuming that my cervix must be closed as ive not had actual clots, which I think it would have to open to let through, so hoping this is a good sign. I Will let you know if I manage to get a scan and what they say. :?

i would ring delivery. i wouldn't take any chances :hug:

Yeah that would be baby's heartbeat!! :cheer:

If you can, I'd just ring the delivery suite at your local hospital and speak to a midwife.

I'm sure everything is fine hun :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back