Advice on alternative

Charlie40

Reaction score
Hello

It is my first time on a forum and I guess I'm a little nervous!!

I wondered if anyone had tried any alternatives to ivf. I have been researching Chinese herbal medicines but wondered if anyone had any experience of this please.

I have had one natural miscarriage (sorry not sure of terminology) and one failed ivf. We had 4 eggs 2 fertilised and both transferreds but no positive result. Consultant has advised because of my age and low amh that we wud have less than 10% chance if we tried again.

Sorry for all detail. This was only on Wednesday and I am still taking it all in.

Thank you anyone who can help.

Hi, sorry I've no experience of Chinese medicine but have read a bit about it and would definitely try it. I had acupuncture when we had our IVF too so that may be something to consider? Good luck honey xx

Hi Phonixgirl, thank you for taking the time to reply and for your advice. Much appreciated x

Do you mind saying how old you are and what your AMH is? I had ivf at the end of 2014 aged 36, my amh over 12 months earlier was around 5.7 so low and almost in the very low category. I only had 3 eggs at collection and 2 were mature - I had both put back on day 2 and had a healthy baby last July. What was the quality of your embryos? I wouldn't be disheartened that it didn't work first time although I know it must be massively disappointing, it often takes more than one go of ivf to succeed xx

Hi brown eyed girl.

Thanks for your message. I have just gone 40. Of the two fertilised one was 8 cells and one 5. When I had the amh the result was approx 3.9. I can't find the paper amongst all the papers. Thank you for your kind words xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back