ADVICE NEEDED.

NIE

Reaction score
For the past 24 hours I have been having terrible pain in my lower back/bum/pelvis ??????? area at the left side. I am not exactly sure which part is sore as it's difficlut to tell but it's in that area.

I have tried hot water bottles, warm baths, lying in different positions, painkillers and my birthing ball, but nothing helps.

It is only sore when I walk, but is driving me crazy as it's very difficult and painful to do anything.

I've called my mw and told her that I think baby could be resting against a nerve, and asked for advice and she said to try everything above. Does anyone know what else this pain could be and do you have any other ideas how to stop the pain.

Thanks. xxx

xCarly said:
Erm... Labour? :cheer:

I really don't think it is labour as it's only sore when I walk. I was thinking more that it's a touch of sciatica.

I'm struggling with this pain, so I think I'll be demanding an epidural when labour kicks in. xxx

No It Wasnt Me Hun But Im Glad You Found The Cause & Hopefully Your Feeling a Little Better Now :) xxx

Yeah sounds like pelvic pain, it can be really painful so know how ur feeling :hug:

To be honest ive not really found anything that takes away the pain completely, hot water bottles & painkillers etc do take the edge off tho. x

I am finding walking a challenge now due to lower back pain which I can only assume is the weight. I can't go very far and I can't go very fast ! DH is fed up of inching me along as I pant and pant all down the street! What to do. Panadol and lots of rest I guess!

Yes i'd say pgp... I had sciatica late on in my pregnancy and it wasn't good at all so I def know how you feel :hug: x

Hi

I've been suffering from the same sort of pain for a few months now.

However, a couple of weeks ago I attended a back care class for preggie mothers.

What you have to do is to firsty to be conscious of the way you are sitting in your chair or on your settee, and never sit with your legs to the side and tucked underneath you etc. Alway sit upright, in a chair with your feet and heels firmly on the ground. Your knees shoud be slightly lower than your pelvis.

You have to start doing your pelvic floor exercises, and then do the following, to work the band of musles running from your left hand side waist and hip area, to your right side:

Get on the floor on your hands and knees. With your back straight, pull your stomach up towards your back, but don't move your hips or back. Then relax and repeat.

You should also be working the band of musce running from just under your breasts, in the centre, to just above your private bits...in the middle!!:

In the same position on all fours, pull your lower abdominal muscles in, arch your back, and at the same time, thrust your hips forward. Repeat.

I also stand in front of a mirror with my knees bent slightly, pull my lower abs in, and pull my hips forward and up at the same time.

I do 20 of each of these exercises, twice a day and I have found that it has really improved my sciatica type pains over the last few days and I no longer get pain when I walk. I was finding it hard to even out my sock on, but that's easing a bit now.

I'm also shoving a pillow under my bump in bed now too.

Hope these help.

Zo

Thanks for the advice. :hug:

I would give it a try, but to be honest I just don't have the energy any more. I spend most of the day sitting or lying down so I am not in any pain. I am hoping that when baby arrives, it will disappear. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back