• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice needed

Piglet10

Reaction score
ok madison is having 3 spoon feeds a day with 3 small bottles and one big bottle before bed.... shes drinkin a right bit out of cups too....

soo....

the aptamil follow on milk is for 6 months plus... do i move her to that at 6 months?....

and im planning on just giving her 2 bottles a day from 6 months (gp and mw recommendation) , one before bed and one as a drink in the afternoon and ill give her water too... should i give these too her in cups as shes quite content with them and means shes not getting attached to bottles?? i read somewhere i could do this anytime from 6 months but dont know anyone else thats done it???

all the kids in my fam have bottles till theyre like over two and have dummys hanging outta their mouths at 3 (no offence to anyone who does this) and i think its disgusting... perhaps im mentally scarred :D lol xx

My Caitlin still has her dummy, refuses to let go but mainly for bedtime now which ends up out of her mouth anyway. In the street I'd never let her have one.

Both off mine have been off bottles asap, megan drank from the 360s (her sisters) and I eventually moved the bottle full stop but not as early as 6 months! She was definitely still having 3-4 bottles at 6 months less when she was fully weaned (full meals/jars), I've never heard of just 2 bottles at the very age your recommended to just start weaning them (I know people do sooner).

x

ok madison is having 3 spoon feeds a day with 3 small bottles and one big bottle before bed.... shes drinkin a right bit out of cups too....

soo....

the aptamil follow on milk is for 6 months plus... do i move her to that at 6 months?....

and im planning on just giving her 2 bottles a day from 6 months (gp and mw recommendation) , one before bed and one as a drink in the afternoon and ill give her water too... should i give these too her in cups as shes quite content with them and means shes not getting attached to bottles?? i read somewhere i could do this anytime from 6 months but dont know anyone else thats done it???

all the kids in my fam have bottles till theyre like over two and have dummys hanging outta their mouths at 3 (no offence to anyone who does this) and i think its disgusting... perhaps im mentally scarred :D lol xx

If she is ready for the follow on milk you can do but you don't have to if she's on stage 2 she should be fine :)

All kids come off of their bottles at different stages. Jacob I tried every cup going until I found one he liked (A poxy £1 ASDA one :dohh:) I officially took the bottle away two days ago, his last pic with it is my Facebook picture!) After he learnt you could push the teats inwards, he was only having one a day anyway. Everything is in beaker now :cloud9:

Jacob has no dummies, he gave them up when he was about 5 months old himself.

x

well its mainly cos she was drinking so much so therefore is prob getting enough nutrient outta 2 bottles i dunno :s im confused... i dunno when ur supposed to have them off bottles and dummies totally really and when u wean them... u know so i can sorta figure out when the right time for madison is... she drinks outta any cup no bother cos i gave her water from cups the odd time v early to try get her used to something other than bottle teat... so i dont think thatll be a prob... xx

oh and thanks for replying mrs! its great to hear what someone done with their lo's xx

soo....

If she is ready for the follow on milk you can do but you don't have to if she's on stage 2 she should be fine :)

All kids come off of their bottles at different stages. Jacob I tried every cup going until I found one he liked (A poxy £1 ASDA one :dohh:) I officially took the bottle away two days ago, his last pic with it is my Facebook picture!) After he learnt you could push the teats inwards, he was only having one a day anyway. Everything is in beaker now :cloud9:

Jacob has no dummies, he gave them up when he was about 5 months old himself.

x

thats gr8 bout his dummies :D

aptamil milk has three stages 1.normal 2.hungry and 3. follow on

no.2 is just a more filling no.1 so you normally skip it out ... maybe i will move her then... i assume theres just less fat or something in the third as there having food too i dunno ...

lol madison loves her cups but i think its cos the drink comes faster haha greedy wee gorb lol shes using the tommee tippee tip it up cup which is class and another tommee tippee weaning cup and you know then the basic cups with the tip that folds flat a wee tommee tippee one of those which is great for water for 'orange' foods as doesnt stain haha xx

yeah i might move her to follow on at 6 months then i mean i can try it and if she likes it she likes it if not ill move her back... its cows milk from 1?? xx

As far as I'm aware Hun, they should defo have mill in the morning cos even tho they're weaned they still get mist their nutrients from milk til they're about 1! Es on 2 bottles a day now, morning and bedtime, but K was on 3-4 til a lot older! I swapped her to cups for milk at about 16m cos she haf her opperation coming up and she got a lot of comfort from her bottles! E drinks really well from any cup, but she's not ready for milk from a cup yet, I found with K that water from a cup is one thing but milk is a whole different kettle of fish! Every baby's different tho! My sister claims to have haf both hers off bottles by 6m - I don't believe a word she says anyway tho :lol:

as for the 6m+ milk, it's not essential to move them onto it, but my two oth went on it just after 6m!

Jacob still has a full bottle for breakfast and supper and a few inbetween when he asks for them. Follow on milk (as far as I am aware) contains all the nutrients of normal milk but us less filling so to make way for food. If she wants milk I'd say give her it, it can't do any harm, it's good for her xx

thanks for all the replies girls... i will def move her onto the 6month milk when the time comes and ive decided that ill keep giving her milk for a while but ill try giving it to her out of a cup during the day when shes in best form and at night illl give it to her out of her bottle for a while ... lol ill let yous know how i get on... i might try seeing in morn if shell take her milk out of beaker :D its all soo exciting lol xxx

It is proper exciting isn't it! Im kinda sad about it too tho cos my baby's growing up too fast! I think E would probably tLe her milk out a cup now, but she loves playing with the cups and splashing water everywhere :wall:

lol the tommee tippee tip it up cup is v good for not spilling... :D i forgot to try her with milk out of her beaker lol but shes not been great today .. bit of a temp. and v clingy to me...(shes not a clingy baby at all) so nurofen has sorted her right out but i went easy on her today lol xx

Aw bless her! Is she teething? K gets proper clingy wen she's teething! I tried E with a sippy cup of milk- she wasn't impressed!

haha class its kinda cue when they want something lol... yeah shes teething but touch wood its not bothering her... shes drooling loads and then bad nappies that bout it the odd time ill give her nurofen if shes v irritable but shes a v laid back baby lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back