Need Some Advice Girls

Vicki83

Reaction score
Sophie's teething just now and is really grumpy. She loves her food and bottles, but today she's refused point blank and went into severe screaming fits everytime i've tried giving her a bottle today - last bottle she had was at 5am this morning, she's had her breakfast lunch and dinner with some water but no bottles. Is she maybe going off the milk i give her, is it maybe worth tryng her on another type or is it just because she's teething?

Which leads me onto my next question - is she getting too much - usually she has about 5/6 8oz bottles a day plus breakfast lunch dinner & a pudding - my MIL says this is far too much for her but if she didn't want it wouldn't she just refuse it as she's doing with her bottles today?

Hi ya

It could be a mixture of teething and where she is having solids.

Babies tend to reduce their milk intake when they are on solids.

Gabriella is a bit older but she has 3 bottles a day (7oz, 6oz & 8oz), as well as breakfast, lunch and fingerfoods at tea.

I believe babies should have at least 20oz of milk a day (this includes yoghurts, cheese etc)

I wouldn't worry too much if she is not wanting her milk, so long as she is getting the recommended minimum.

Have you tried rubbing some teething powder or gel onto her gums before her bottle? It may be that her gums are too sore.

Good luck and if you are in any doubt contact your HV :hug:

It sounds like her teeth are giving her some pain... :hug:

I went thru this the other day with Keeley but i made sure she had some yogurts and chesse and stuff and tried not to worry.

When i went to my HV last week she asked how Keeley was with milk and i said not very well Keeley wil only drink it when she wants to sleep and my HV said that i could cut her down to 8oz's in the mornin 8oz's at night

If your worried about Sophie not having enough milk try giving her somethin with a cheese sauce or some ready brek :)

Hope that helps :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back