Advice needed (Poss TMI)

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Hey, for a couple of days I've had an AWFUL lot of discharge. It's just like water, not white or gloopy, just a clear liquid that's a bit smelly :/ I've been having so much that on more than on2 occasion I've rushed to the loo thinking I've wet myself... :shock: When I got out the bath earlier I dried myself off but was just sat on the sofa in a towel. When I stood up it was just running down my leg and I dashed off to the toilet to clean up.

Along with it I've been feeling quite sick and have had some pains in my tummy and bad pains in my chest and pelvic region, especially when I move.

I was going to speak to my midwife about it when I saw her today but after what happened (thread in pregnancy chat) I was too infuriated and it completely slipped my mind.

Any advice? Thank you xx

Hi Heppibean - I would ring the maternity ward just to be sure its not actually your waters that are leaking. It just sounds a bit suspicious with the pains that you are having. I'm sure its nothing to worry about but does no harm to make sure xx

I'll leave it for now, but will give them a call in the morning. Hadn't even thought that it might be my waters :eek: x

I agree with excitedmum2b, def don't leave it long before getting checked, could just be your hormones gone into overdrive getting body ready for birth but do get checked xx

I would def ring the maternity ward or NHS direct just to get checked over.

Defo ring maternity ward and explain. A friend of mine had her waters break and it was 3 weeks before she actually realised on a routine check, she had to be induced straight away.
My sister also had a dry birth... I'm not 100% sure what that means but I'm assuming it involved having less water than normal so I would defo get checked just to be on the safe side.
Hope it's nothing serious though. Good luck xxx

Hun please go get checked, it can we your waters. Let us know how you get on

I have a doctors appointment on tuesday... Do you think that's soon enough? Just neither my partner or I drive and the nearest hospital is about 12/13 miles away... :/ x

I personally dont think its soon enough. Just call them they may not want to see you but speak to someone who knows. Then decided on a course of action once you have spoken to someone. I might be nothing, it might be something called BV (Bacterial Vaginosis) which can smell fishy., BUT you cannot risk it, you cannot risk your health and leaving til tuesday could do that darlin, please ring then.
xxx

I'll give them a call in the morning, that way if they do want me to go in I've got plenty of time to get the bus... Didn't think it would be anything serious and I've been having it for about a week at least :eek: x

Tomorrow will be fine but I agree Tuesday too late in case it is waters... Dont stress though it could just be nothing but discharge! Have you had amnio test? Sometimes that can make a leak. If it is waters they will just monitor you more closely

Last edited:
No I didn't need amnio as my quad test came back with an exceptionally low risk thankfully... But I freaked out a bit earlier when I stood up and it literally gushed down my leg :/ (eurgh!!) and called triage. I'm going in tomorrow morning for an internal examination -sulking- I really don't like them, but it is for the best x

Good luck tomorrow Hun xxx glad they r fitting you in early to get it checked! Xx

Hi all I called up in the morning to arrange a time to go in, but the woman on the phone just said... "It sounds ok to me, don't worry about it unless it gets any worse" so I haven't been up there... :/ x

Was the woman on the phone a midwife or a receptionist? If you spoke to a midwife before, and she told you to go in, I would go chick xx Has it stopped now? xx

I don't know tbh... I'm guessing she was a midwife but she didn't say... It hasn't stopped but eased off maybe :/ but then again it's been going on a little while now x

Hmm...I'd call back, explain you were TOLD by another midwife to come in, as she felt it was important to get chekced out. Explain you don't feel comfortable waiting, it's not stopped, and if another midwife thought it a good enough reason to be checked, then so do you xx

Some of them just cant be bothered, its bad, but you're alot better getting checked chick xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back