Advice needed for TTC

Gemma_1988

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’ve been with my partner for almost 6 years and he has 2 children from a previous marriage and I have one child from a previous relationship.
I’m 32 years old and we would like to have a child together. The only problem is that my partner previously had a vasectomy before we met (roughly around 12 years ago)
I am aware that we may need to go down the IVF road and it may be a long process, but I was just wondering what the options are and how I go about starting the process.
I’m unsure about whether I should contact my doctors as I know with COVID, they are very hesitant about booking appointments unless it is an emergency. Any advice or insight would be very much appreciated!
Thank you.

Your partner can book with a private clinic for vasectomy reversal. It isn't offered on the NHS
I would recommend he get in touch with one in your local area and go from there.

Your partner can book with a private clinic for vasectomy reversal. It isn't offered on the NHS
I would recommend he get in touch with one in your local area and go from there.
Aren’t they usually irreversible, especially when they were done a long time ago?

Not necessarily. Pregnancy success rates after a reversal vary depending on how long ago the original procedure was.
You are best having your partner book in for an initial consultation. They will be able to assess him and give a clinical opinion based on his history. They will also be able to give you information on next steps depending on outcomes.
Good luck

This is going to sound gross but my dad had his reversed after 17 years and I am the result of that reversal so it’s very possible! And I am over 30 so healthcare has come a long way in those 30 odd years

This is going to sound gross but my dad had his reversed after 17 years and I am the result of that reversal so it’s very possible! And I am over 30 so healthcare has come a long way in those 30 odd years
That is reassuring to know! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back