advice for my hungry girl please

lisas_lil_girl

Reaction score
my libbie is 11 weeks oldshe is on stage 1 aptamil milk. she started sleeping through the night at around 7 weeks. now the last week or so she has been waking up again and during the day she is aake most of the day. shes feeding almost all the time. she'll fall asleep at 5 oz and then wake up hungry half hour later. it is definatly hunger. i was considerinh putting her on the hungry milk but the hv put me off. i did get some rusks yesterday but am still noy sure whether to put half or a quater in her milk in the morning or just put her on hungry milk.

any advice???? xxxxx

Why did the HV put you off? :think:

If baby seems genuinley hungry I'd offer milk. She is still very little for solids :hug:

Yes I would try (and did use) hungry baby milk first.

I would also go for baby rice instead of rusks as rusks are full of sugar hun (which I didnt know till someone else showed me!)

Baby riceis better, more substantial than rusks, for weening.

Have you tried making your baby's milk bigger? A lot of babies like to rest during a feed, try staying with her and see if she wakes, rather than putting her down.

I have a book by that Super Nanny - Jo, she suggests to feed on demand, until 3 months old, something about a baby doesn't tend to, initially, fall into a routine, until 3 months old.

I was giving my son around 200 - 210Ml's of milk a feeding, 5 times a day at 11 weeks.

You just have to find that happy medium, which only you can do.

Good luck xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back