Question about hungry baby milk?

KJL

Reaction score
I noticed that a few people had asked questions on this so sorry if this seems repetitive. Layla is 9 wks now and has been on Aptamil 1 since 6 wks (was breast feeding up until then). She has been doing very well on it and up until about a week ago was taking 5 oz every 4 hours. Recently she has become super-duper hungry and is hungry every two hours guzzling about 5 oz. We've upped her to 6 oz but she struggles to take much more in one feed. We want to start getting her longer through the night, and for her to be more settled between feeds so I'm considering Aptamil 2 (Hungry Baby).

Any advice or suggestions would be great. Also are we ok to switch her straight to Aptamil 2 or does it need to be gradual?

my hv advised adding the feeds gradually like just a couple for a few days until she gets used to it, jacks on it full time now and seems much more settled, good luck

It could just be a growth spurt babes but I changed to hungry baby milk as Adam was the same. His little tummy couldn't take any more milk and became sick with gread.

Give it a try and see how things go.

Let us know how you get on. xxx

thanks guys, I'm going to get some tomorrow and try her on it. We fed her 6 oz at 8.30 and she woke up at 9 crying with hunger and took another 3 oz :shock: It took ages to settle her too :wall: :roll: She's just gone down and i'm praying she sleeps now :pray:

are you sure she woke up hungry and not thirsty? if jack wakes between feeds i try him with cooled boiled water and it settles him if he isnt hungry, but if he is hungry he wont take the water, so then i feed him

samandbump said:
are you sure she woke up hungry and not thirsty? if jack wakes between feeds i try him with cooled boiled water and it settles him if he isnt hungry, but if he is hungry he wont take the water, so then i feed him

Possible :think: I haven't tried her on water before but i might give that a go. I have just bought some hungry baby formula so i'm going to gradually introduce her to that and see if she settles quicker and starts fussing less in between feeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back