Actual bad parent alert! :(

pringle88

Reaction score
I clipped Ella's nails last night and did one too short and it bled for about an hour, it was the tiniest bit of skin that i caught but i feel so shit :(

i feel like im doing everything wrong at the minute, she is waking up every hour through the night again, she takes ages to actually fall to sleep when i put her to bed, i cant leave the room without her crying her eyes out, i cant get anything done, my house is a state! i thought it was supposed to get easier as they got older?

I did exactly the same thing to Cam yesterday as well :cry: he cried for 30 seconds and I was devastated. It's so easily done, at least they won't remember. You def aren't alone on that one Hun xx

ah thats makes me feel a bit better! its horrible isnt it! thing is, she didnt even cry! i saw the blood on her face and got well scared and then realised it was coming from her finger :( x

I'm scared to clip the nails so i keep mits on him for bed and naps until someone else Does it, somehow he still claws his face to Bits with short nails. Hope she sleeps well tonight,could she be teething? X

She wouldnt keep mits on otherwise id do the same :(

yeah she is teething her gums are very hard and white so i dont think it will be long, shes slavering loads and her cheeks are really red bless her

hopefully it wont last too much longer, i took it for granted when she was going down at 7:30 and not getting up until 7am!!

That's so easily done their fingers are so small and fiddley and they don't keep still,don't feel bad!! Going through teething too feel so sorry for them don't ya wish they could just tell u what's wrong when they're whinging!!!xx

That's so easily done their fingers are so small and fiddley and they don't keep still,don't feel bad!! Going through teething too feel so sorry for them don't ya wish they could just tell u what's wrong when they're whinging!!!xx

It would make life so much easier wouldn't it!

I've done it too! :hug: easy done. Don't punish yourself. Xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, my OH did exactly the same thing & he woke up & screamed. We felt awful! His nails are long at the moment but I find cutting them scary!

I hate nail cutting, I've nearly done it loads of times as they now wriggle so much as well. and your not doing anything wrong, I think they have a massive development spurt around now which messes up all their routine she will be back to normal in a week or so Im sure x

You cam buy baby emery boards from boots, I file his nails the clippers scare me :-/ x

Oh hun dont feel bad, I've done this before and even though Angel didn't even notice lol I still felt terrible :( you're not a bad mummy at all hun, it's very easily done with a wriggly baby. I try and gently pick Angels nails off and that usually works as they're so flimsy lol. Please don't beat yourself up, you're a lovely mummy x

My mum did that to Leandro. Wouldn't stop bleeding for over an hour. Think he was about 8 weeks old at the time so we ended up taking him to c and e. they had to put a bit of dressing on which didn't stay on for long. It's easily done I did it too but Luckily no bleeding. Now we use baby scissors and its so much easier xxx

DH did that to little man a while back dont worry its easily done!! I use cuticle clippers now as they are angled better and not as sharp!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back