• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Activities for 3-4 month old

IsaB

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave: this is my first official post - just wondering what everyone does to keep their LO's amused around this age? Usually our day consists of reading a couple of books, do some practice rolling/tummy time (reflux permitting), baby gym play, bath, a few chats/silly songs, meet up with a friend/supermarket trip... I think both of us are getting a little bored with the 'same old' and my monologues are starting to run out of steam. Any fresh ideas?

At that age Lola loved playing peek a boo with a blanket :D

She'd have you playing it for hours without getting bored :lol:

Hiya :) We do all the things you do (other than the store or meeting up with friends, this tends to be once a week usually)

Galen loves being naked or just in a nappy and having a massage. We can pass half an hour doing that while I talk to him and make silly noises and faces. He laughs and coos at it all. And loves blowing raspberries at us and we do the same back.

Play peekaboo also whenever he has playmat time or a nappy change.

He pretty much wants to sit up all the time now but relies on us to support him round his tummy. He won't sit in his bouncer as it reclines too much. He has to be upright and able to lean forward to reach his toys. Spends ages doing this each day. I have to stay with him the whole time and often he is sat on my lap doing this. Loves it and is very quiet and focused on his toys or whatever it is holding his interest. Often I'll sit at the table and he'll have toys on it in front of him and just quietly pick them up or look at them for ages.

We also do areoplanes where I hold/support him tummy down and fly him round the room. He loves that and squeals lots.

He has a baby Tad frog which plays music and has shapes that light up etc. He adores this and spends ages rolling on to his side to see it light up and play music. Its for 9 months plus but he loves it already.

We go out for walks also. He sits pretty upright in his pushchair and is so happy under a tree looking up talking away to them in baby noise. We also have lots of outside time in his bouncer, planted in the flower bed so he can watch the chickens. And put a mat down so he can lie on it under the trees and watch them. Or I just take a slow wander carrying him round the garden talking to him about everything.

O music and mobiles. We hang them from hooks in the kitchen beams. He loves sitting watching them :)

Ummm I do more just can't think what atm.

Thanks for the ideas - we do a bit of peek-a-boo - the old throw the muslin over the face goes down a treat for a while - I'm not sure if Isabella is a genius or just has a short attention span (probably the latter :wink: ) as she seems to get bored with things pretty quickly. New things will hold her attention for quite a while, but once she's seen something a few times or got relatively profficient with the new skill she's looking for something new and seeing as she's awake for longer and longer periods now I'm nearly out of steam! Love the idea of the flying around the room and also sitting at the table with toys in front - have been trying to figure out how to introduce more sitting up time but make it more fun. Has anyone tried one of those bumbo seats at this age or is it a bit early?

Sitting at the table is one of LO's favourite things. Either the kitchen one or one of the computer desks. I sit him on my leg and he faces forward to the table. I just hold him round his waist usually.

We tried him in a Bumbo seat (15 weeks old) and it was lovely. 2 sets of parents recommended it as they walked past. However we didn't get one. He's not far off being able to sit up on his own and knowing him once he can he won't be happy stuck in a seat but will want to be off and doing things his way :lol: :roll: Didn't see the point in spending £30 on one if he's only in it a month or so.

We are looking at one of the bouncers for him but are not sure.

adam is not quite 3 months yet but we.....

go in the door bouncer
playmat/baby gym
bouncychair

rotate those 3 things really and add tummy time and i'll lay on the floor with him and talk to him pull funny faces

we go for a walk every day either in the pram or sling
swimming twice a week
under 1's club at the childrens center
story time and rhyme time at the library

singing
reading books
playing in the bath
laying on a mat in the garden .....weather permitting!!

thats about it really would love some more ideas so will keep an eye on this thread

kaz x

My DH just came up with this one - drawing! He holds the pen in her hand and moves the paper underneath - she's fascinated by what comes out the bottom - just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to give it a whirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back