Acne in pregnancy

VickyB

Reaction score
Hello ladies :wave:

Hi hope you mind me popping into Tri2! :)

Could you help me, if you suffered with bad acne in Tri 1 has it cleared up now your in Tri2?

Its really getting me down I have the biggest lumps all over my face and chin, they are like big blister spots!
I do try to keep my skin really clean, I have to wear make-up in the day though!

My sickness has stopped now so I am really hoping this will clear up in the next few weeks!!

I was hoping for that pregnancy glow in Tri2 but I have a feeling this doesn't happen for everyone!!

xxxxxx

Hiya,

I dont have acne as such but i do suffer from bad spots since being pregnant. Ive never had this problem in the past and luckily I have only had 3 whoppers on my face! Mine are mainly pimples on my back and a couple big ones on my shoulders which drive me mad! I cant begin to imagine how you are feeling.

Maybe speak to your doctor? And drink lots and lots of water! Ive heard sudocream dries out spots too so you could put some on over night? I got a little pot free in my bounty pack and have been using that!

good luck x

i didnt get it to bad, but what id did have has cleared up now!!! so hopefully it will all settle down for you too, and as you have said the sickness has faded so i would have thought that the acne would fade soon too!!! xxx

Thanks Ladies

I did tend to suffer before I was pregnant anyway, but have always managed to control it with certain contraception pills, I even had laser treatment a couple of years ago for my wedding which was fantastic my skin was perfect. This is the worse I have ever seen it, the change of hormones have set it off again arrrrghhh :wall2:

Thanks jld123 I will try sudocream, its definitely worth a try! :)

Thanks Spice fingers crossed it does :)

Last edited:
Before my first pregnancy I never had one spot. After I had her though, bang i had heaps that lasted for years :(. Sorted it self out eventually I don't seem to be suffering so far from them this time but then I didn't get them until after, hoping I don't get them again as i will be totally gutted. I'm 30 now I should be spot free! I thought that laser treatment was meant to permanently get rid of them?

Hi snr1982 :wave:

No its not permanent I wish it was! My hormones causes the acne so if this changes there is a chance of it coming back, which unfortunately it has! :wall2:
You can have top up treatments if needed which I never had to have cause my skin has been great, but now I could do with one I can't because Im pregnant.

I would have it done again in the future but I think it is best have all my children first luckily Im only going to have two!

You never know there might be a miracle in the next few weeks as I start to move into Tri2, it could clear up but we will see xxx :)

I hope it works for you! I wash my makeup off with Simple facial scrub then use baby wipes rather than make up wipes to get the last bits on then dab a thick layer of sudocrem on each spot and leave it over night! hopefuly should work! fingers crossed for you xx

hi ya hun ive been more acne prone since getting preggers- i usually put some sudo cream on to help. so far my skin still has spots buy het hopefully the 'GLOW' will kick in soon! good luck x

Thanks Ladies :)

I followed your advise, I popped down to Asda yesterday and bought the biggest tub of Sudocream! I cleaned all my makeup off last night and went to bed :nap: with sudocream all over my spots and this morning I have to say that it looks so much better it doesn't look as angry so if I make this a daily routine it might sort it out!

Thanks again its cheered me up and hopefully I will look ok when I go out for a meal a sat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back