Acid reflux/wheezing?

timtam78

Reaction score
hi ladies, i only just got my bfp yesterday (at 15dpo) so early days yet. But last 3 nights ive had the worst wheezy throat i have not been able to sleep a wink. ive had a bit of a cough and cold for about 4 weeks now but the wheezing only started 3 days ago when i lie down to
go to bed at night. Ive never had wheezing this bad before :(

Wondering if its a pregnancy thing or just a coincidence.
Have any of you ladies suffered with acid reflux and wheezing at night?

I was going to wait a week to go to the docs about my pregnancy, but ive had to take the day of work as i am so tired so im going to go today about the wheezing and tell them at the same time

Hi

I have chronic acid reflux, put some pillows under the top of your bed so its raised if you can.

it makes me cough and wheeze! But do tell your Dr

Get some gaviscon, I drink the liquid straight from the bottle now x

thx for the replies girls! i tried gaviscon and it didnt do a thing. i tried the tablets though, maybe the liquid would be better.

ive just been to the doctors though and shes given me an
inhaler thats safe in preg to help with my breathing at night.

Thx again ladies
x

Last edited:
Yeah the tablet did naff all for me, I glug the peppermint liquid now x

I have a tummy ulcer and am pregnant so I get bad acid but cant take my meds, I make do with gaviscon, I ended up with bronchitis aswell that was about 4 weeks ago or something your body may just be a bit weak with the muggy weather and obviously cause your energy is getting used to cook belly bean now :)

hope you feel better soon xxx

Awww that sounds awful Russlemuscle, hope you are coping ok!x

Im okay now timtam lol - my cough has gone and im in Tri2 now so the sickness has gone mostly.

Just the HBurn and acid I have to battle :) xxx

I have bad acid reflux that leaves me with severe sore throat, cant take my meds so I take gaviscon, I'm asthmatic so also on inhalers!

Im on omeprazole, is that safe? I didnt even check woops!

I have chronic everyday acid reflux, with laryngitis when its bad

Yeah I am suppoesed to be on Omeprazole among others but was told to stop taking my Omeprazole. unless really needed but I have just stopped altogether xxx

Yeh they wouldn't give me omeprazole either so best to stop it if you can x

OMG nooooooooo! Its bad enough with taking it!

I read that its ok!

It was my GP who said to me, I take it to help with my ulcer and I asked as if I dont take that after most meals I end up with bad burning and my GP told me no, plus I have a BNF from the hospital were I work which has come in handy for me when checking meds for pregnancy but the BNF advises to stop during pregnancy unless its really bad, and although you may have acid every day but its for days that its when its making you violently sick.

Speak to your own GP obviously but I wouldnt take it during pregnancy and Im not xxx

Ooh weird, ill have to check at my Dr next week, but reading up it says there are no effects to unborn babies? Maybe it ones of those cautious things and the Dr isnt sure? Ill check

could be love, Im just going with the advice I have been given.

I am on 40mg wbu ? xxx

one tablet daily ? its 20mg.

I took 2 you may be ok with 20 I dont know I was just told stop the Omeprazole. Even give your doc a ring sometimes they can answer things like that over the phone xxx

Yeah its 20mg! i cant call the Dr, ill have to wait till next week

Doc told me to stop omezrapole and only take it when it's bad!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back