acid reflux - help!!!

flowers

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I am new to the board and wonder if anybody can help. I am now 17 wks pregnant and am suffering from really really bad acid reflux. I thought that by now I would begin to start feeling really great and be enjoying pregnancy but so far have been feeling quite the opposite. I suffered badly with hyperemises gravidarium and had to go to hospital for a drip and finally on week 16 the nausea begin to ease but now I am really suffering with this burning feeling in my tummy and throat and it is also making me feel sick and miserable.
Are there any cures for this or natural remedies that might help at all. I am desperate for advice.
Thanks so much
flower

i have begun suffering with this myself for the first time this week. i have just been taking gaviscon which is safe during pregnancy but im not sure of any natural remedies

Gaviscon is a lifesaver, and ok to take when pregnant (your GP can even write you a prescription for it save the money as it's kinda pricey for a decent sized bottle). I don't know of any natural cures either although ginger is supposed to be good for that sicky feeling, perhpas that might help? :hug:

I get this alot too, a horrible burning feeling in my throat. I agree with Vicki and Nicola, Gaviscon works well :)

Hi Flowers

Sorry I can't offer any advice about the indigestion you've suffered. I hope it improves though :(

Just wanted to welcome you to the board! I hope you have a happy 2nd Tri.

Sabrina

Hi

Just thought ide say welcome and hope it stops soon i know how uncomfortable it can feel
Katrinaxx

Hi ive been suffering with acid reflux for ages was just taking gaviscon for it, but mentioned it to my consultant last time i went and shes prescribed some tablets that lower the acid levels in your stomach.

She said gaviscon was just a sorta short term remedie for quick relief were as the tablets are a preventitive.

got to say there working a treat

Hi there. Gaviscon is usually the first choice treatment for acid reflux and is safe to use in pregnancy. If you find that Gaviscon is not strong enough, you could try asking the GP to prescribe another medicine called omeprazole, which can help reduce the amount of acid produced, and this medicine is not known to be harmful in pregnancy.

hi.

ive been getting this too, its worst of the night for me.

im going to get gaviscon on prescription i think. so its to the docs for me :)

I suffer with acid reflux anyway but since pregnant it's been a nightmare!! Night times are worse before i went on prescription meds for this i actually sat up in the night and acid came out my mouth like the exorsist i could cry it was so bad!! a large glass of milk and lots of pillows help, also in the day really thick milkshakes like Frijji are great as is rice pudding. but if you can't cope ask the docs they should prescibe somthing though my doc took me off omzoprozle when found out i was pregnant and put me on ranidadine?? Hope this helps sorry it's long

Both omeprazole and ranitidine are not known to be harmful when used in pregnancy, according to the British National Formulary (the thick book that doctors and pharmacists are always using).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back