Acid Reflux HELP??

K&A

Reaction score
Ive had strong heartburn today and its making me feel like i need to be sick...

Has anyone else had this and what do you suggest?

Kylie x

My heartburn has got progressively worse over the last few weeks so I feel for you Hun. I stick with gaviscon which works as long as I don't eat or drink after it.

Xxxx

gaviscon makes me feel even worse! :sick:
i manly have HB night time, i been lucky i guess

i cant stand any heart burn remidies sp? so i normally drink milk

ive just drank some milk and it seems to have made me stop wanting to be sick which is a plus but how long it stays that way i dont know x

i had it in the middle of the night one time and i couldnt do anything for the pain then i was actually sick and it felt better so drank a glas of milk very slowly xx

Milk and gaviscon seem to work best for me, but not always, just something u have to live with unfortunately :( Don't forget u can get gaviscon on prescription so its free!! :) Also started using remigel for when I'm out and about, checked with doc, they ok to use. It is awful tho, I wake up at least twice at night with it and have it during the day too :( x x

Milk and gaviscon only work from me and I have had it bad for weeks! Stay off spicy, oily and sugary foods as that aggravates it!

rennies chews work 4 me and a glass of milk b4 bed. I HATE gaviscon but can manage the rennies! x

I get it after bloody everything I eat or drink!!! its so so bad and nothing helps xx

Try tums, natural yogurt and sitting up in bed at night.

Milk stops it for me, those gaviscon tablets are like eating sticky chalk that sticks to your teath - erghh

Are you using the gaviscon advance? I was just getting normal gaviscon and it would work for all of ive minutes. The advance stuff is excellent, and yeah it stinks but I always got the mint stuff and thought of toothpaste!

The strawberry gaviscon tablets are useable, It says 2-4 on the pack, but one seems to do the job if i dont eat or anything after it.

I cant take anythi minty flavoured, eugh gross (yes i have flavoured toothpaste LOL watermelon, yum :D ) Those icepop things work for immediate relief for me, (the lil juice tube things that you freeze?)

Would avoid Horlicks.. And also complex carbs seem to make mine worse.

I get h/b all the time!!!

Gaviscon advance liquid is the only thing that works for me (I can't take the tablets coz they make me wanna :sick:) & drinking mildly flavoured milkshake helps.

My midwife also suggested propping myself up a bit when I go to bed coz it's worse when you lay flat.

Also, both my mum & m/i/l have suggested a little bit of milk (about the amount of a shot) with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda mixed in. They both said it really works but you have to knock it back coz it tastes like s**t :lol:

Hope this helps xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back