Aching pain "down below" :( - Updated after MW ap

Sabrina

Reaction score
I've got a pain down below (right behind my pubic area) this week. I had it a month ago, it went away, now it's come back. Doctor said at 20 weeks it might be pelvic ligaments stretching?? :roll:

Seems like a bruised feeling or pulled muscle possibly? :think: It's in a strange area, not the groin or stomach but right behind my "lady bits" :oops: I remember having a similar ache with my first son too.

It doesn't ache when I sit or lay down but when I'm standing up or walking it's like a constant pressure. :|

Does anyone else have this? Any ideas what might help ease it? I will be having a MW(doctor) check up in 2 weeks but really don't want to wait that long if I can do something to help it now.

Thanks ladies

:hug:

Oh honey... sorry to hear you are not feeling good.

It does sound like how other people have been describing ligament stretching

Take it easy I guess, if it hurts when you walk great excuse to put your feet up for a bit! :hug:

TB x

Thanks for the link Sarah I shall check that out. Trouble is I've only seen the MW once and it was her last day so she had zero interest. :(

TopBird - I feel ok apart from this aching. It comes and goes and gets on my nerves because otherwise I'm quite fine. I wonder if it's because I was very busy last week and went to Paris on business which meant I was on my feet a lot more. :wall: Time for a rest I think. Just as well Easter is this weekend.

Sure is, nothing for it. You are going to have to sit on your bum and stuff your face with chocolate all weekend...... hard life, but someone has got to do it! :D

If you find out let me know too please. I've had this a few times, it's like a pain going from below and pushing up - I just put it down to stretching too but I understand how you feel coz it's really annoying. Hope it goes away soon but if you're worried ring your MW and ask her x

I have the EXACT same thing just now, GP and MW both agree it's ligaments and say that although it might come and go it will only get worse and would be aggrivated by anything involving lifting my leg, i.e. getting into/out of bed, stairs, walking up hill etc. I actually also find going from sitting to standing can ache a little. I've been told it's all perfectly normal and there's nothing to be done about it and to take it easy - thank goodness I'm a SAHW I couldn't get things any easier!

Hi

Ive had the same thing for the most part of the pregnancy it gets so painful at times
Katrina

OOh, I've had this a bit the last two days - when my friend had it with her pregnancy, the doc told her it was her pubic bones shifting in preparation for child birth...... :shock:

But I will be interested to see what everyone else finds out...

Piglet xx

Thanks for all your replies ladies :) :hug:

Last night it was really painful when I went to bed :cry: I ended up taking a couple of paracetemols as I thought they'd help me sleep.

I tried sleeping with a pillow in between my knees. It was a bit awkward but I think it helped during the night as I slept a bit better.

Today it was a little easier this morning but unfortunately the pain is back now. :( I'm going to take tomorrow off to rest up and not do anything strenuous over the weekend. Might try to see the midwife on Tuesday if I can.

I also bought a pregnancy support belt off Ebay as it was recommended on the website Sarah linked for me. Am willing to give anything a go at the moment!

Sabrina said:
I also bought a pregnancy support belt off Ebay as it was recommended on the website Sarah linked for me. Am willing to give anything a go at the moment!

I got one of those from the physio.. they are a bit strange at first but defo help in the long run. Persevear with it and your pelvic floors and it should stable out. Look in the 3rd tri section (one of the stickys) for pelvic floor info.

Hope it gets bettersoon - the belt will help loads! I left mine for ages without contact the doc or MW as I thought it was just past of pregnancy but ended upi leaving it too long having to call the NHS24 one night and getting crutches to help me walk!

ive also felt this pain too and thought maybe it was testing contractions. will take it up with midwife when i see her. i know my babys ok cause kicks lol ty

SarahH said:
Sabrina said:

I got one of those from the physio.. they are a bit strange at first but defo help in the long run. Persevear with it and your pelvic floors and it should stable out. Look in the 3rd tri section (one of the stickys) for pelvic floor info.

Hope it gets bettersoon - the belt will help loads! I left mine for ages without contact the doc or MW as I thought it was just past of pregnancy but ended upi leaving it too long having to call the NHS24 one night and getting crutches to help me walk!

Thanks again for the tip Sarah I'll post how I'm getting on when I try the belt. In the meantime I'm doing the things recommended in that website. It does seem a little easier this evening :)

Did you get a better sleep last night Sabrina? x

hope your feeling better today sabrina :hug:

i had this really bad with my second child and the doc said it was SPD i got it a bit when carrying ryan but i was alot thinner carryin ry and so think that stopped it getting as bad.
the best support belt they gave me was like a giant tubular bandage that you wear under the bottom of your bump it was much less bulky than the spider type one i had first and it didnt make me feel as bulky and hot thru the summer.
I really hope that it improves, they perscribed me co-codamol to take as it really was horrid.

the worst thing i found was goin up the stairs and hooverin where you have to shift the weight between your legs it was total agony!!

hope the belt helps :) :hug:

weenik said:
Did you get a better sleep last night Sabrina? x

I did sleep a bit better thanks Weenik. I placed a pillow between my knees, thighs and rested my tummy on it. That seemed to help. :)

Lyn, I have the elasticated bandage on order from Ebay, I hope to get it next week. I've also made an appt for the midwife for Tuesday (a week early) as I need to ask her about this SPD thing and get something to ease it.

I've now got 6 days off work. Bliss. :dance: I'm gonna take it easy, definitely no hoovering for me. :)

Thank God its not just me!
I have been on holiday, and some days walking, or just getting up was difficult and painful. I feel like someone has kicked me really hard between the legs. I think it was on days or the day after i had done a lot of walking. I was going to metion it to my midwife next week, but this sounds like it.

Really missed the forum while I was away. Off to 3rd Tri today!

andreag said:
I feel like someone has kicked me really hard between the legs. I think it was on days or the day after i had done a lot of walking.

Andreag - this is exactly how I felt too.

I'm going to see the MW today and will definitely mention it. A couple of times over the weekend I was in tears when I went to bed it was that painful :(

Good luck in 3rd tri. See you there next week! :cheer:

sorry to hear you are still struggling Sabrina! :hug:

I have midwife today as well....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member