Absent End diastolic flow

Punklor182

Reaction score
Hi
I know it's a long shot as nobody seems to know but I reasntly was told that I have absent End diastolic flow which I am assuming means my baby isn't getting the blood oxygen or nutrition he need I am going back in 3 days for a scan with the consultant but I am also assuming this will mean baby will be born at 30 weeks and from what I've been told at the clinic this seems like the only choice my sort of question is if anyone else has been trough this can I have story's of outcomes and if this is the case does it mean my baby is going to die or be very ill does this ever end good I am 30 weeks and have had steroids a week ago but it's only this last scan that has shown absent enddiastolic flow if anyone has any insite on what I'm about to deal with would be great as it's killing me trying to work out what it means as everything I find on it works out bad but if it was that bad why would they send me home for 3 days b4 doing anything about it

I know with my daughter that my Dopplers were "off" when I was scanned at 36 weeks. As I had severe pre-eclampsia and was told my placenta had failed, I'm presuming I had some degree of absent end diastolic flow, but to be honest it was such a stressful time I barely remember anything I was told. What I do know is my daughter hadn't grown since approx. 32 weeks and that IUGR can be a direct result of PIH-induced absent end diastolic flow. She was very tiny for 36+2 and needed to be in special care, but she's now a very healthy (and very bright) 2 year old, so having a failed placenta for a month in-utero doesn't seem to have affected her long term.

Hopefully the consultant will have some answers for you. I'm afraid I have no idea of the statistics or anything like that in terms of survival or prognosis. I hope all is ok xx

Thank you that's all I needed to hear they were all bad story's I just need one good story thank you you have no idea how much that has helped me I had pre eclampsia with my first son he was born at 28 weeks also sga and is healthy and nearly 4 now but I was very nieve with him and I think the worry with this one is the tiny bit of knowledge now just scares me I never realised how poorly my little man was which in a way was better than knowing like this time but I will hold on to knowing it can work out well too thank you again

I think that's exactly it: knowledge. Too much of it isn't necessarily a good thing. I spent my entire second pregnancy totally freaked out about my bp and what it was doing or not doing. Likewise when I didn't feel as much movement it scared me silly (my movements with my daughter had reduced, but I was so naïve I just put it down to it getting towards the end of my pregnancy). I also didn't appreciate how ill I was until I was able to go back over my notes and test results. There wasn't any time for steroid injections either, but her lungs were just fine (she needed facial oxygen immediately after birth, but nothing when she was in special care).

I think you probably have to focus on the fact that they're scanning you, they've discovered a problem and they will work to ensure the best outcome for your baby. Much, much better than not knowing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back