AArgghhh, need to vent

mumof2

Reaction score
I have asked my 2 children to tidy up their toys in their bedroom as they need to have a shower and they seem to be taking ages and arguing, Ive threatened that if it isnt done soon then Im gonna get a black sack and take the toys away that arent put away, this has worked well before, they have reward charts and on it is tidy up when asked so im sure they wont be getting that one 2day but im starting to feel so stressed out over it which i know isnt good, i was getting abit cross so i came downstairs to get away from it so i didnt boil over but just dont know what 2 do right now, they both need a shower then lunch but it is becoming a real drawn out process, i could actually just cry, help

shut the door on them and tell them it isnt being opened untill it is done, tell them the quicker they do it the quicker they will be out for lunch, make it a competition who can put the most toys away the quickest with a little prize at the end, if that doesnt work bin the toys and cry :hug:

:hug: :hug: i sympafise i go though this with my 2 often

i usully end up with getting the bin bags out too hun, jess sometimes takes forever to tidy her room, i usually end up sitting in their, so she doesnt start playing again

my kids don't know the meaning of tidying up their toys, i have to do it 3-4 times in a course of a day

Lucy's pretty good when it comes to tidying up, she always tries it on and says "no mummy you do it" but if I say that she can't do anything or get anything else out until she's tidied up a bit it usually works. I do think it helps that at nursery they have to tidy up before moving onto the next task.

im sorry to say it doesnt get much better as they get older :shakehead: my 14 year old was sent to tidy his room earlier and when i got upstairs he was playing his guitar :shock: i nearly flipped he had done nothing in 1 and a half hours except play :evil: guess who will not be allowed out 2moro :D xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back