A weighty issue

I'm certainly no expert, but adding a touch too much weight has got to be better than not adding enough?

Personally, I would avoid the scales until after your little one's arrival. If you plan to breastfeed, that can burn up to 500 calories a day which equates to about 40 minutes of running a day.

I'm really sorry aboiut this girls but I have actually lost 13 lbs so far and am nearly 19 weeks. I haven't been dieting as such but I was a big girl before I was pregnant and a couple of things have caused me to lose weight.

My consultant told me to cut out refined carbs because I was at risk of gestational diabetes due to being old and fat. I have been eating plenty still , just healthier stuff really. Lots of salads and soup, brown rice and jacket potatoes, fruit and nuts and lean meat and fish.(Oh and I forgot the bombay mix, not healthy I know but keep craving it!!)

With everything that has been happening at home recently, my appetite is non existent now and I feel sick if I do eat. Needless to say, I can afford to lose this weight and my midwife was positively delighted last time she weighed me as long as I'm still eatng a balanced diet. Hopefully at this rate, I'll be lighter when baby arrives than I was when I found out I was pregnant.

According to Squig's link, I should have gained about 12 lbs by now so yippee for me :dance: :dance:

just been to midwife and she says Im perfectly healthy weight :cheer: :cheer:

still a couple of pounds less than I was when I first got pregnant but I have never dieted whilst pg- I've just stayed active and watched the amount of sugar and fat I've been eating- although I am still eating more than before I was pg! From your pictures you have ONLY gained weight on your bump and boobs as your bum is tiny which I am very envious of as that is exactly where I'm going to gain weight I know it! I'll constantly be asking "does my bum look big in this!?"

I must have put on at least a stone, been avoiding the scales though because it will only depress me.

I think the weight gain is largely due to the first tri when the only thing that helped my morning sickness was snacking!

I haven't been very hungry recently and the amount I've been eating has reduced quite a bit. Still eating too much choccy though :oops:

i completly understand how you feel!! ive gained sooo weight since falling pregnant, i look nearly full term. I dont eat as much as before, midwife told me it was fluid but still!!!!!! im worried my fella is slowly going off me as ive gained so much.....

2in1 said:
i completly understand how you feel!! ive gained sooo weight since falling pregnant, i look nearly full term. I dont eat as much as before, midwife told me it was fluid but still!!!!!! im worried my fella is slowly going off me as ive gained so much.....

aww babe, I know how you feel thinking your OH is going off you because I felt the same but we're not fat, we're pregnant and I think really they understand that even if they dont say :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think you'll find that most men find pregnancy very attractive on their partners. :cheer:

Awwww bless him, again!!! :hug: :clap: Can we manufacture him so we can all have a mini Matt keyring with happy phrases to cheer us up??

Misstommo i didnt think your comments were that helpful, none of us are trying to gain weight on purpose and for those of us that have gained a lot you certainly made me feel worse. I understand your comments that it makes labour harder work but i for one am eating very healthily and not eating any more than normal. We all winge about our weight and Tillytots and i are gaining it quite well :rotfl: (no offence hun) but that doesnt mean we are pigging it or being silly with our food intake. I know we winge about it but i am sure it will all come off afterwards in the end.

The only thing i dont understand is why i weigh so much? I am 5 foot 6 and a size 10-12 so not overweight in sizes and i now weigh over 13 stone?? It weird isnt it? My bump isnt very big anymore either, it doesnt seem to have grown in weeks? :think: Maybe its all on my arse and hiding at the back so i cant see it..... :rotfl:

iv put on about a stone but im not worried because i no that my baby is eating well too. if i was losing the weight id be worried about my baby not thriving so for me its all ok so far x x

kellysomer said:
Awwww bless him, again!!! :hug: :clap: Can we manufacture him so we can all have a mini Matt keyring with happy phrases to cheer us up??

Blimey, I'm just gonna stick him on E-Bay and let you all bid I think! I reckon I could become rich!! ;)

kellysomer said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: Il second that!!! Thats such a brilliant idea - can you imagine how much of a best seller they'd be?! Every pregnant ladies MUST HAVE in her crimbo stocking :cheer: :cheer:

kellysomer said:
Misstommo i didnt think your comments were that helpful, none of us are trying to gain weight on purpose and for those of us that have gained a lot you certainly made me feel worse. I understand your comments that it makes labour harder work but i for one am eating very healthily and not eating any more than normal. We all winge about our weight and Tillytots and i are gaining it quite well :rotfl: (no offence hun) but that doesnt mean we are pigging it or being silly with our food intake. I know we winge about it but i am sure it will all come off afterwards in the end.

The only thing i dont understand is why i weigh so much? I am 5 foot 6 and a size 10-12 so not overweight in sizes and i now weigh over 13 stone?? It weird isnt it? My bump isnt very big anymore either, it doesnt seem to have grown in weeks? :think: Maybe its all on my arse and hiding at the back so i cant see it..... :rotfl:

I know what you mean hun, I wouldnt have even mentioned the weight thing if I was pigging out on rubbish all day long and puposefully gorging on things that I know will make me fat. Like you Im puzzled as to why Im quite so heavy lol! I think in our case weight is just a number as if we were putting on fat as such we wouldnt fit in little clothes still :D dont worry chick Im with you on this one :hug:

i am still 10lbs less than when i fell pregnant, but its to be expected because i was a competitive bodybuilder but now im training like a girl lol, lost all my muscle so not surprising im so much lighter now. My concern is in how long it will take me to build the size back up!!

Tilly, I am fast approaching 9.5 stones (well, I've certainly gone over 9 a while ago and I haven't weighed myself since) and 5'1" too.

It's not overweight, it's just because we were so mini to begin with that the bump makes a huge difference!!!

Hope you're feeling better today - would echo what others say about hiding the scales xxx

gymbabeliz said:
i am still 10lbs less than when i fell pregnant, but its to be expected because i was a competitive bodybuilder but now im training like a girl lol, lost all my muscle so not surprising im so much lighter now. My concern is in how long it will take me to build the size back up!!

Very interesting! I like to push iron around too. Although you could probably squat more than me. ;)

The weight gain is very unlikely to be just fat. A lot of it will be water and blood. Not to mention the placenta, the amniotic fluid and your little one.

I would imagine that your body would convert most of the food you eat into fuel rather than storing it as fat as it has to support both you and your baby.

MattM said:
gymbabeliz said:

Very interesting! I like to push iron around too. Although you could probably squat more than me. ;)

probably lol

i was leg pressing 9 plates a side (360kg) when i first felt faint and knew something wasnt right.....now im legpressing a crappy 120kg, benching has gone down from 80 kg to 40kg...I havent been pushing the training at all- its not worth the risk. My body has basically reverted to what it was like 5 years ago....still im not complaining, its actually reassuring to find that muscle doesnt necessarily turn into fat!! oh and ive grown boobies lol so its all good!!

9 plates a side? That's very impressive. My chicken legs would have probably snapped.

At least you'll have muscle memory so you'll be back up to strength and size pretty quickly once you pick up training again.

I don't think I dare weigh myself. I spend 3 years losing weight, so to see the scales creeping back up again will just depress me LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back