i have a nipple issue advice please :)

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
hiya, for the past 3/4 days ive had a lump near my nipple its on the coloured area around it, you no the little bumps you get well its one of them but seems to be HUGE about 4 times the size and its very sore,
its not got a head or anything on it so its not a spot and its not soft its hard it just really hurts and im worried its something serious :(
any ideas as to what it could be? i could include a pic if it would help (ob not of my whoole nipple but of the "thing")
thanks
manda xx

i have something similar under my arm hun, m/w said it feels like a milk duct though..

if it's painful to the touch then it won't be anything serious, just an enlarged lymph node or something. when do you see your m/w next?

what kind of shape is it btw?

xxx

i have like a spot on the area surrounding the nipple,its kind of a lump and sounds like what you describe but mine doesnt hurt at all.midwife said it was nothing to worry about.its nearly the size of my nipple too!It might be worth while mentioning it to your midwife though especially if it puts your mind at rest.

could it be a blocked duct? :think: I would ask your midwife hun, but I really don't think it's anything serious :hug: :hug:

I have a hard area in one of my BBs which I had checked by the MW and she said it felt like blocked ducts but to get it checked by the GP. The GP said she could feel the hardness on both BBS so its nothing to worry about..apparently its normal and your BBs changing to prepare for BF.

I would get it checked though, to put your mind at rest if nothing else.

thanks all
i see my midwife in a couple of weeks if it hasnt gone by then i will say something
youve put my mind at ease totaly :)
manda xx

have you squeezed it?

Id have to squeeze and see what happens :lol:

x

Oooo puzzling!! maybe a blocked duct??....mention to midwife hun :hug: Its not where the hole was is it? do you remember that? I have a hole in my nipple :rotfl: Il never forget that bless ya! poor nips :(

x

when I was breast feeding James and had blocked ducts I found having a warm bath helped. It would help loosen up the blockage as the warmth encourages the flow

Tillytots said:
Oooo puzzling!! maybe a blocked duct??....mention to midwife hun :hug: Its not where the hole was is it? do you remember that? I have a hole in my nipple :rotfl: Il never forget that bless ya! poor nips :(

x

haha no this is on the outside of my nipple lol i do tend to have nipple issues alot dont i :roll: :roll:
thanks mm will try a warm bath tonight see if that helps :)
manda xx

like others have said id tell ya mw when you see her :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back