A weighty issue

Tillytots

Reaction score
:cry: :cry: :cry: Ive just got on the scales :cry: :cry: :cry:

I KNOW im pregnant and gaining weight comes with the territory but Ive gained a huge amount already. Admitidley its mostly boobs and bump but Im so shocked :shock: I dont even want to put how much exactly but its creeping towards and stone and half :cry: Maybe stopping smoking hasnt helped and Ive not exactly been miss mobile for ages, being off work and watching an awful lot of tv. How depressing. Anyone else piling it on or is it just me Miss Fatty Boom Boom - its ok I can take it... :?

awww, I know it can be a shock, especially if you are used to be being very slim. I wouldn't worry too much though. From your photos, it defo looks as though it is all boobs and tummy, you look lovely and in proportion!! Not fat at all!!!!!

I haven't put on any weight yet...BUT, this is because I AM a fattie and I need to try and maintain my weight.

aww dont worry about it babes i wudnt dare step on tha scales to much chocolate an mc donalds... and not to mention tha crisps ive consumed recently :rotfl:

:hug: thanks girls, I should probably start worrying about this AFTER having the baby :)

and hide the scales - yes Il do that!

my midwife told me i shud diet after my babys born cos im fat she didnt say it like that but thats wat she ment lol... i was only a size 12 i dont no how i managed 2 weigh so much but apparently i am overweight 2 an unhealthy degree lol

Babes, i've put on a stone....i'm about 14 stone now...sounds huge but i am tall so not too bad...i just like seeing people's faces when i say how heavy I am already.....
Tough...lovin the cheesecake too much :hug: :hug:
Ps - got hen wknd this weekend will mail u in week xx

Jeez! Thats so cheeky, size 12 is normal and healthy?! I think I was morbidly obese at one stage when I took medication.... 5ft 1 and I weighed 11 and half stone so I was rather hoooge. I put it on as quick as I lost it, thats where I got my stretchers from. I had to put on weight to get pregnant as I only weighed 6st 12lb which is way too skinny so I went up to 8st whilst TTC and now Im nearly 9 and half :)

im only a smally like u 5"0 lol but i never classed myself as overwieght i dont look it maybe it is because im small so i shouldnt really weighing as much as i do ( i have no idea what it is didnt ask the m/w) lol

i'm not sure how much i've put on cos i lost weight when i first got pregnant... :think: but if i go with my pre-pregnancy weight, i've put on just under a stone.

everyone is different hon and you def shouldn't worry about it for a second - a friend of mine put on 5 stone :shock: when she was pregnant with her daughter. she's back to her slim fabulous self now but she just took her time after birth to do it in a healthy way.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

ive put on 2 stone but im pleased with that cos with nathan i had put on double that im guessing :D

Hiya tillytots,

My advice would be not too pile on weight as it is hard to shift and i havent shifted any of mine yet and piled on six stone with my first and the labour was longer and harder, my blood pressure went up and I looked horrific.
I lost 2 of the 6 st i put on.

With DD i only put on a stone and the difference with my pregnancy and labour was amazing!

Dont just let the weight pile on - its not a excuse and you only need 200 calories extra day right at the end of your rpegnany and that equals to a piece of toast.

Im only saying this becuase you will regre it afterwards!!! Im not being mean honestly - im still cursing for not beong careful with my son!

I've put on about 3/4 to a stone already but I feel active, healthy and energetic and those have always been my primary 'senses' of what my body's going through.

I have arranged with my best mate to start running again six weeks after I give birth and just as I've always felt - I 'should' make sure I get plenty of excercise now too (not runing though :shock: ). I've been a bit slack over this last couple of weeks with one measley swimming session. I'm going to plan a walk for the weekend I think.

when i last got weighed it was at the old flat so about 2 months ago and i had put on 2 stone already :shock:
its all ass bump and thighs with me but im not too bothered as everyoe in my family went the same way with there first :)
try not to worry hun it is losable weight once the baby has poped out!!
manda xx

Between weeks 6 and 10 I actually lost weight...over a kilo...

Between weeks 10 and 18 I only put on 3 kilos....

Between weeks 18 and 23 I put on 4 kilos

and Between weeks 23 and 28 I put on 2 kilos...

So in total I've put on 8kg (1.3 stones).... although I've probably put on more because I'm now 32 weeks and know my bump has suddenly grown over the last week...also I've been more hungry although I haven't really indulged because I have such bad heart burn...

When I had Tia however it was a different story... I piled on the weight because I was hungry all the time... and I went from 7 stone to 12 stone and then only went back down to 9 stone (minimum) and have never been able to loose the rest.

So this time I've been extra careful... I have been using this though...

http://www.paternityangel.com/Preg_info ... Weight.htm

But as it says don't get too stressed if your weight gain is not as they state... it just gives the average guidelines.

I think you were probably underweight before, so your body has been gaining more weight so that you can support the baby much better because I did that, and never lost that last two stone.. maybe thats the weight your body is just supposed to be at. :think:

I got on the scales yesterday and ive put on a stone and a half :( But i was a fatty boom boom anyway so thats not so great for me!

thanks girls, and thankyou squig for the link :)

Im not worried about losing it afterwards, Im the Queen Of Weight Watchers and once I get going its hard to stop losing weight. Admitidly I have been eating alot healthier since Ive ben pregnant where as before I couldve survived on toast for my meals and I use nimble bread which is more or less a slice of air :oops: Naughty I know. I was just shocked at the rate its piling on, I shouldnt get on the scales...
x

I jus used the calculator from Squigs link and Im only a couple of pound over the normal gain range! :cheer: :cheer:

lol im way to much last time i did it so never doing it again :)
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back