A stupid question...

chellieboo

Reaction score
I'm babysiiting my nephew this weekend (he's about 5 months old) and I am a bit worried cos I have no idea how you can tell when a nappy needs changing??

I assume a no2 will be obviuous due to the smell, but how can you tell with a no1??

HELP!!!!

Hi, you don't need to change the nappy for each wee as it is absorbed away from baby, I would change a nappy every three or four hours , unless there is poo, in which case you will definitley know by the smell :lol:

Unless you're using cloth nappies, if you are I would imagine they need to be changed a bit more frequently as they aren't as absorbent as disposables, but not too sure :think:

Hope this helps, and good luck, I'm sure you'll love it :D

I used to change whenever a feed was due. You'll soon tell cos the nappy will bulge if it's full off wee. Don't worry hun :)

With reusables I changed jamie every 2 hours ish (unless poo) with disposables usually every 3-4 hours, It also depends on how much he's had to drink really, I don't tend to time nappy changes, usually think, its been a while I'll change him!

i used to change my childrens nappies every 2-3 hours depending on how wet it was

Yeah same here Katt. Before or after depending how hungry Zachary is. If the baby seems quite grizzly a wet nappy may be bothering him so bear this in mind!

phewww....I survived....just a couple of pooey nappy changes, not too bad.

thanks for all your help. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back