A spooky thing!

Mildly

Reaction score
So today I went to have my hair cut at my normal salon. I only go every 3 months to keep the costs down but my hairdresser and I are quite good mates as he has been doing my hair for the last 8 years. As soon as he saw me he told me what me great condition my hair was in (normally he tells me it looks pretty bad and that I should come and see him more often :lol: )

After I'd had my colour done and he was cutting my hair, he kept saying how normally my hair gets a bit frizzy but that there is no frizz today and how my hair is much less wavy at the moment. Then he comes out with 'You aren't pregnant, are you? because a woman's hair during pregnancy is in the best condition of her life'!!! Of course I said no, I don't think so, to which he laughed. I brushed the whole thing off as he has no idea that we are trying to conceive at the moment but it has got me thinking.

I am on day 29 of my 32 day cycle and I haven't had any symptoms and TBH I do feel like AF will be arriving on time. But hey, maybe my hairdresser knows best? Although if I got pregnant this cycle would it really show in my hair condition this quickly? I would only be two weeks pregnant if he is right! My OH is really excited but I'm not convinced :D

Ooooo, good luck! I'l remember your story forever if you are xx

By the way, when I had my bfp I felt amazing in terms of looks and hair and the very next day two girls at work commented on how great my hair looked .... fingers crossed for you

Hi Mildly,
Wow it will really be amazing if you are! A whole new meaning to having a good hair day !!

Lots of luck and babydust to you, hope af stays away

x clarey

Thanks Becs and Clarey :D

Maybe he does know something I don't, if you found that your hair was in great condition Becs :D

Heehee Clarey, I must admit is it rare for me to have a good hair day! :lol:

Just checked my diary and today was day 29, if AF doesn't arrive on Monday (and I have been exactly regular since starting TTC) I will start to think something is up! Watch this space girls and good luck and babydust to everyone else this month :)

Good luck! I hope the hairdressers right! I can't remember what my hair was like in pregnancy but I remember getting lots of spots! :doh:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lets hope he is right hunny - good luck!! :D

My hair is the bane of my life, but has been lush (as has my skin) since I've been preggers - sounds great Mildly, keep us updated!

So excited for you!

Valentine xxx

Thanks girls :D I shall definitely keep you all updated!

If he is right, I'll give you all the address of his salon and instead of POAS you can all go and ask his opinion :rotfl:

Valentine, that is interesting - I'd never really considered that hair condition would be great due to pregnancy hormones til both Becs and you had confirmed it! I glad your hair and skin is looking fab for you during your pregnancy :cheer:

Edit - just had a text to say my friend has had her baby at 6.45 this morning :cheer: A little boy and they have named him Joshua Charles - and Mum and baby are doing well, according to her hubby! I knew she was having a boy from the moment I saw her first scan :cheer:

That could be quite a talent your hairdresser has!

Something spooky has just happened for me this morning too...My Mum saw a medium on Tuesday (my gran died in jan and she is having a hard time getting through it, so went looking for answers) anyway, this lady said a lot of true stuff and lots of details that I dont think she could just guess at, she spoke to my granparents and to my dad, knew their names and lots of things about us.
So Mum just sent me the notes the medium made as she talked and she says 'your eldest (me!) will have pregnancy by end of year' :shock:

A bit awkward cos my family dont know we are trying, but will br v interesting to see!
Weird eh? maybe its something to do with the summer solstice? lots of spookiness!

Am keeping everything crossed for you mildly
xx

Thanks muppetmummy I shall pass on your congrats, I really like the name too. She wouldn't tell me before he was born what they were thinking, so that was a nice surprise!

Sorry about your Gran, Clarey :( :hug: Wow though, not long to go til your pregnant now then :D That's great news, if only she could have been a bit more specific eh :D I bet you had to just laugh along when your mum told you about it! I've lost count of the times I've almost given myself away in front of my parents lol. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you too :)

Thanks Mildly, I'm trying not to be too excited! :roll:

My mum hasnt mentioned it, its just in the notes, but obviously she was there during the reading so she must be wondering! I'm just gonna pretend I couldnt read the mediums handwriting and not mention it either!! :D

Congrats to your friend too :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back