A non tic thread but opinions required!

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I want a motorbike, always have.
I rode a scooter for years, sold it last year and got a car.
I want to buy a learner bike and have seen one I like but oh is not happy. We have a large family car but I have always had a little car or scooter to get to work.
I work 4 miles away and would not be going anywhere else on it as the rest of the time we go out in the big car.
I'm sick of my massive insurance cost (I have an Audi TT), tax and petrol as it's a guzzler, that's why I'm selling it.
Any bike fans out there who think a bike will be cool? xxx

The title is ttc not tic - bloody autocorrect! xx

the damage OH has done himself on his, no way! he's lucky to be alive

(still won't get rid of it although he rarely rides it any more)

why not get a smaller, more efficient, cheaper to insure car?

Hmmm that what oh said, I've just always wanted a bike.
I know they are dangerous, I love looking at them and going to bike shopsand sitting on them. I'm sad really lol x

just think about when you have your big bump......bike or car??....hmmmm....let me think xx lol

Sorry Cosmic I'm with Scotch...........

Me and OH were avid bikers for years, holidays in Ireland and France on them too. However I nearly got wiped out and ended up in a hedge due to some old gits bad driving - never rode a bike since then.

OH is a Roads Policing cop and after seeing all the RTC's involving bikes he'll never ride a big bike again either, however he does have a 125 moped for communting to work - so uncool!!!

Not what you wanted to hear was it????!!!!

I always wanted a bike to me and my best friend used to have some laughs on a little scooter dont how how the bloody thing got us about. a scooter would be perfect for you nipping in and out of work and low on insurance and cheap on petrol. i say go for it you only get one life dont live with should have could have would haves xxx

Sorry Cosmic I'm with Scotch...........

Me and OH were avid bikers for years, holidays in Ireland and France on them too. However I nearly got wiped out and ended up in a hedge due to some old gits bad driving - never rode a bike since then.

OH is a Roads Policing cop and after seeing all the RTC's involving bikes he'll never ride a big bike again either, however he does have a 125 moped for communting to work - so uncool!!!

Not what you wanted to hear was it????!!!!

Erm, no lol x

I always wanted a bike to me and my best friend used to have some laughs on a little scooter dont how how the bloody thing got us about. a scooter would be perfect for you nipping in and out of work and low on insurance and cheap on petrol. i say go for it you only get one life dont live with should have could have would haves xxx

YAY! xx

What she said ;) xx

hmmmmmmm my oh and my self love bike we watch british superbikes moto gp everything on the tv and love seeing bike and the sound of them but having said that i wont let him have on firstly because he isnt safe on 4 wheels lmao second his health and disability and third we had a friend involved in a head on and was decapittated :-( so my opinion is no however you will choose to do what you wish and its purely your choice and no one can influence that but everyone has their opinion lol i dont mean to upset you though so forgive me if i have lol xxx

hmmmmmmm my oh and my self love bike we watch british superbikes moto gp everything on the tv and love seeing bike and the sound of them but having said that i wont let him have on firstly because he isnt safe on 4 wheels lmao second his health and disability and third we had a friend involved in a head on and was decapittated :-( so my opinion is no however you will choose to do what you wish and its purely your choice and no one can influence that but everyone has their opinion lol i dont mean to upset you though so forgive me if i have lol xxx

You haven't offended me hun, you're views are the same as 99% of people I've spoken to xx

It's amazing there is anybody on two wheels left on the road, everyone seems to hate them and are against their oh's having one! xx

oh thats good lol (heart palpatations rapidly decrease) lol xxx

my oh cant walk without a walking stick so i think he would struggle lol but if he could im sure he would be begging me lol we both love them i just personally wouldnt have one xxx

Oh said "just get another scooter" but in a way I think a bigger bike is safer, more stability and sturdy in wet weather. Those little scooter wheels are not much good in the wet. Maybe I'll so my full licence and see if I like it or not (only have cbt at the mo) or look at a 125??? xxx

ive lost 2 friends to them being killed on their bikes and 1 seriously injured so i would say no but its all your choice hun at the end of the day :)

Everyone seems to know people who have been injured or worse, think I'll get a smartcar.
RIP to all those poor souls lost on our roads :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back