A month of bleeding - so done

SmithyBaby

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I've been bleeding for 24 days straight now, the miscarriage itself was 19 days ago. I'm just so very tired of seeing blood. EPU said don't worry and it's normal and I may even expect some heavier bleeding if my period catches up now. Anyone else bleed for this long? I'm exhausted by it.

Hi smithy, no I didn’t bleed for that long, bled for about 12 days in all but everyone’s different did they scan you again to check it was complete? The bleeding might just be the thickened lining coming away which if so means your wombs just getting back to normal, it’s all so frustrating though isn’t it, all the waiting, waiting and more waiting! Feel like screaming sometimes! Is it full flow or spotting? X

The scan showed still a little bit to come away and a 12mm thickened lining. They said just to wait it out and it's good to still be bleeding with some stuff that is yet to come away. I was just shocked as last time it was over and done with within 12 days as well night owl. This is just drawing on but my ob/gyn nurse said just keep going and TTC will come around in no time. Just sick of seeing blood.

Oh and it's a light flow, changing pads like 1-2 times daily.

I know, it’s so crap isn’t it, but every day is one day closer to TTC again and every blob of blood (lol) is one step closer to your womb being in its normal state again, Hopefully your period will come sooner rather then later then as that will flush any last bits out and shed the lining x

Yes I keep thinking that. Just gotta keep moving towards that goal. The one thing that has happened since having this MC is that I keep meeting people who have had 2 mcs then had a successful pregnancy to full term so I keep hoping the next one will be the one.

Yes I’m holding onto that hope too, and I’ve been drilling it into myself to just keep looking forwards not backwards, one of my friends had 2 MC before she had an easy successful pregnancy with her little girl shortly after the 2nd MC, and I’ve seen many others do it too while I’ve been stalking forums lol, it’s hard not to become obsessed though! It’s 5 weeks yesterday since MC for me but I randomly noticed loads of ewcm about 7 days ago so done an ov test and it was a blazing positive so I think I ov’d about 6 days ago so expecting period in about 7 days then can start trying again, I can’t wait!! Didn’t do the deed anywhere near before or after the positive ov test unfortunately, don’t think my partner had any enthusiasm for it and I didn’t wanna push it, he’s been really good up to now about ‘performing’ on demand though and I’ve forewarned him when his services will be required next ha ha, I suppose it probably is best to wait one cycle anyway x

Services will be required, haha that makes me laugh. It's so true though. It's good to see a positive like that though, a really good sign for you. I'm hoping to get this cycle over and done with, my OH is the opposite and can't keep his hands to himself and I keep having to bat him away lol.

It’s horrible isn’t it I seem to stop for a few days then it’s back then I stop it’s just messing with me i think. Hopefully it stops for you soon x

Mine was constant light flow for weeks then 1 day it was like a switch flicked. Heavy bleeding. HCG number flew down and it was soon over. Can't remember exact dates but pretty sure it was getting on 4-5 weeks before I got discharged from EPU as I wasn't testing pregnant anymore.

It's horrible. I've been there. It's absolute hell for so many reasons.

Sorry you ladies have been through this, it's so crap and I hate the bleeding which feels like a constant reminder of what we have lost.

It is hard you think your on top of things then go to the loo and your taken back to the heart break. It’s hard I’ve just had my fourth miscarriage and I’m a total mess really

Bless you, that's so hard I can't even imagine the pain you are in. Two has been pretty horrific tbh and I'm not sure I would cope if it happens again, you are amazing for your strength x

This afternoon I went to the loo and it was like the gates of hell opened and no exaggeration there was blood everywhere followed by two palm sized clots! Unreal how this is still hpppening!

It’s scary to see so much blood of your concerned ring up hosp and ask what they advise x

I know made me a bit nervous, it seems to have stopped now thank goodness. I think it was the last of whatever they saw on the scan coming away, I guess not everything came away originally because it was similar to the initial miscarriage but no pain. Just suddenly came away. I will call if it happens again though thanks x

That's good though. You need to pass it all so it will be done! I know it's pretty traumatic but just try and see the positive of it being a step towards being normal.
I've had 2 now and can't get pregnant again for some reason so been referred for tests. It's a double edged sword. Terrified of another miscarriages but terrified I will never get that far

Glad that it’s calmed down. About. Just make sure you rest up and take care of your self x

Last edited:
Hope your feeling better today smithy, it does sound like it must have been the last of what they saw on the scan x

Yeah it's gone back to very light brown bleed now so thinking it should stop soon. I can't figure out if I have a temperature in his weather as been overheating terribly and feeling tired and stuff but really hard to differentiate what's the mc and what's normal now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back