A lurker but really needs some support right now.

MicheLou

Reaction score
Hi girls, I've been lurking for a while now and feel so cheeky for posting when I need support and not to help others but I just can't help it today. I am so confused and pretty upset.

We decided to ttc again in Aprill and have been off the pill since then. (I already have DD who was conceived in cycle 2) Since April I have had 26 day cycles that have been spot on - 2 days heavy bleed then nothing. I guessed and all the signs seemed to regulate that I OV on CD 13 (i.e. pain in side, CM)

I was due to start my period yesterday and it hasn't turned up. I have never had a late period so I just don't know what has happened. I know I can't be pregnant because DH was away the week I OV - right smack bang in the middle of it so there's absolutely no chance I am preg.. if I OV then but then I think when else could I have OV, why the sudden change, am I OV'ng at all (OMG!) and lastly I am sending myself around then bend with maybe I am pregnant when I know I just can't be. I am so tempted to buy a test just so I know but even then it's too early but I know I'm not preg.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on.. why is this happening?! :wall:

Mich

Firstly - dont get yourself too worked up :hug:

Your only a day late, and its quite normal for a regular cycle to fluctuate by a day or 2 now and again.

Maybe because OH was away when you were due to ov you got a bit stressed, and this delayed your ovulation (stress is the biggest cause of delay in ovulation) which would in turn make you a little late.

Or....you could very well be pregnant. If you BD'd right before he went away the spermies will survive for up to 3 days (some say 5) inside you so its possible they were there when you ovulated.

My advice is to relax, dont worry about it, and if you still have no AF in a couple more days time then do a pregnancy test.

Good luck! :hug:

you could ovualte early late ?

A cheap test wont do any harm if you really wanted but dont worry to much

:hug:

Thank you girls.

I so want to be pregnant and because it hasn't happened in the 5 months we have been trying I am just panicking about any chance and wondering is there anything wrong.

I really want to believe that i'm pregnant but I am struggling to see the sense that I could be - if I OV when I thought I did, If I was early or late then there could be a chance I suppose. I'm hanging onto this thought.

Going to order some test right away. I am going to need them sooner or later anyway.

Got to get the weekend over with.. spooky thing is, my MIL had her palm/cards read and was told she'd hear of a pregnancy in September. Who knows.

I am calmer now though girls.. Thanks again

i have the same to say really a day or two isnt much really but you could of ov'd a day or two early and as others have said the spermies can live quite a while in you
my advice wait a few days and get a test done and gd luck!!!
manda x

Good luck MicheLoo...
There's been an amazing run of BFPs here lately...maybe one will catch you!

Don't worry too much and if you're still late in a few days...test. (It'll probably take a couple of days for them to arrive by mail anyways!)
Best of luck!

Well I tested yesterday.. BFN which I wasn't really surprised about. This morning Af hit big style. So.. that's a 29 day cycle this month. Normally (past 5 after coming off the pill) 26 days. Do you think my body is just trying to get to my normal 28 day cycles?

I am absolutely shattered, very very depressive and feel like I can't cope right now.

Been talking to DH tonight and we agree that the stresses of TTC are too much and we've decided not work out OV dates, take temps and chart or use opk's. we're just going to try to get on with life and just wait to see if It can happen. I guess you could say were not ttc we're just not preventing it and hope I will fall when the time is right.

My sister cannot comprehend why we decided not to maximise our chances for a little while and has said to me that I need to think very carefully about whether I really do want another baby because if it was her she wouldn't stop till she had her BFP.. nothing wrong with that but i'm annoyed at her comments when i'm feeling like this.. and I want a baby more than anything.

Bah - sisters are put on this earth just to wind us up with stupid comments :roll:
:hug: Ignore her, you are doing your best and whenever possible its best to relax and concieve through doing what nature meant you to do, a bit of babydancing when you feel like it :wink:

ignore your sister honey... i'm sure she's well meaning enough, but its not helpful for you at this moment in time.

my OH and i decided to do exactly what you've decided - rather than deliberately ttc, we let nature take its course. it took 8 months, but i have pcos and wasn't even sure if it would happen at all. but it did mean that those 8 months were all about having fun and enjoying ourselves, and i'm convinced that being relaxed helped!!

good luck xx

hello
i am a bit of lurker too, I never feel my advice is worth giving so im not so good at replying..
but i do know i am in the same boat as you. been TTC since april now, had my m/c in march and got v stressed by it all so now just letting nature take its course
let me know how you get on and pm me if you want to be TTC buddies
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back