A little confused

HavingFaith

Reaction score
I posted in another forum but got nothing but rudeness from the members. I am looking for a forum that we can post pictures and ask for advice.
Sunday, August 2nd I started spotting and ended up at the ER on Tuesday where I was told that I was having a miscarriage. According to my LMP I was 11 weeks but the baby only measured 9 with no heartbeat. I had a follow up appointment with my OB on Friday the 7th where she did an ultrasound ultrasound and said that everything was cleared (I had stopped bleeding at this point also). She told me that if I were to take a pregnancy test it may or may not come back positive. I didn't take one until the 18th and it came back negative. I took several after on different days that all came back negative. On the 26th I woke up with a headache and nauseous and the same thing on the 27th. I decided to take an 88 cent cheapie from Walmart and it had a faint line on it with FMU. I waited a couple of hours and took the test again with the same results and then again around 2 with the same results. I ran to store grabbed First Response and took it the next morning. I have taken a test at least once a day since then and even this morning. They all have faint lines. I plan on calling the OB in the morning. Has anyone gotten anything similar to this? Was it good news or left overs even after testing negative before?
The pics won't upload for me. It's saying the file is too large.

di8t99

di8LaS

Hi, I’m afraid I haven’t no but didn’t want to read and run. So sorry for your loss. Xx

I’ve only ever heard of it being from retained products. I think you’re wise to contact your doctor, you might need another scan x

I’ve only ever heard of it being from retained products. I think you’re wise to contact your doctor, you might need another scan x

This was my thought too. I agree with Princess :)

Hi hun, so sorry for your loss.

I had lost a baby at 12 weeks and had a D&C. Sadly there was some retaining product which gave me faint positives for 11 weeks. I then had another period, something very nasty was passed and I ovulated on CD11 that cycle. I got pregnant again and had my beautiful DD2, who is lying right next to me right now.

If you were certain that you had a negative then this could be a new pregnancy. But if the tests are not getting darker then I would think it might still be retaining product.
I also had some days which I thought I had a negative but they weren't. I truly hope that it's a new pregnancy but be prepared for the worst just in case.x

Thank you all. I am hoping for the best but I know that it could mean still from previous. I plan on calling Dr tomorrow to see what she is wanting to do.

Do you know the dates you had unprotected sex? As that would make it a lot easier to work out whether it’s likely to be a new pregnancy or not, I think if you dtd with the 14 days before the faint positives started there is a chance it could be a new pregnancy, but it’s more likely it’s retained products as it’s unlikely you will have ovulated so soon after a miscarriage keep doing tests to check for normal line progression and ask for a follow up scan too, sorry for your loss x

Thank you. I plan on checking again in the morning and calling the dr. I know we had unprotected sex on the 7th and the following week a couple of times as well. I have the days marked on my period app. I'm not sure if I ovulated around the 14th/15th or so but I had some ovulation symptoms. I did test negative on the 18th and took about 4 other tests during the next 4 days that came back negative. Then on the 27th ended up with a faint line. Its just all confusing.

Lots of love and hugs to you dear. Hope you had positive news. Let us know soon?

Lots of love and hugs to you dear. Hope you had positive news. Let us know soon?
Hi. I actually got my period on Sep 2. So the tests that I had taken previous was left over HCG. However, we had unprotected sex during ovulation week and days leading up to and after. I am not due to start until Sep 30/Oct 1 time frame. I am not very patient during this time so I decided to test and this is now my new tests. Today's and yesterday's. There is a very vary faint line. Someone on another board said it looks like an evap line but there was a line on both within the 3-5mm. I even read that you can do a water test on a dry stick and if the line washes away it was an evap but if it's still there it's an actual line. I tried it on yesterday's test as it was dry and the line is still there. IDK how true the water test trick really is but I tried it anyway. Here are the 2, top is yesterday's after the water and the bottom is today's.

image-1-.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back