a bit of help please

babyjay1

Reaction score
we have been trying for a baby for about 9 months i came off the pill straight away after being on it for 6 years (microgynon). basically i haven't had a period from then. i have had a few tests and everything (i have been told)i.e blood test, hormone test and ultrasound is ok. i also had an appointment with a gynecologist and saw only a nurse which wasn't very helpful at all. one thing she did say was i that i can get pregnant even tho i'm having no periods Q. is this true? my boyfriend was asked to do a sperm sample, which today came back and its all fine :). any advice is take with many thanks
Aliy

Hi there!
Think you need to go back to your GP and ask about clomid. This works by making you ovulate every month. Not sure but I suppose it could get you regular again. Worth a try. Don't have any answers on the getting pregnant bit though. Sorry :(
Good luck however and let me know how it goes! :)

Thankyou for your response however, just before my GP reffered me to the gyno she said that there is a way to make you ovulate but apparantly it can only be used twice in a woman's life and they leave this as a very last resort (don't know if that was a pill or injection though). :?: I'm so confused and will probably go private but i'm really frustrated at the mo, It's really starting to upset me :cry:

when i came off the injection contraception... it took my body a full year to have a period again... i've heard if you start back on the pill for just a month it will sort of re-start your body! not 100% sure of this.. but i guess it would work by giving you a period after your 21 days (pill) also i've heard the first month off the pill you can be super fertile.. again don't know if this is an old wifes tale...

don't know about ovulating if you have no period... when we don't conceive during ovulating this turns into a period.. so i don't know how it would work if your not having a period... i know you can have a period but not ovulate..

did you blood results come back saying your ovulating?

I'd make another appoitment with your GP or choose a family planning clinic andget them to explain things better...

good luck

x

The doctor didn't mention about any ovulation when my blood test results came back. I got the impression that i wasn't ovulating and therefore couldn't get pregnant. It was only the gyno's nurse (who didn't seem to know what she was talking about!) that said i could get pregnant. it's so frustratin because my next appointment at the hospital is not till August (that's the NHS for you!). :wall: It does make me feel a tad better though that it took a full year for you, still got a couple months left then!!!!!!! :pray: I know this might sound like a bit of an odd question but does anyone know if there are any vitamins or minerals I could take that may help? I alrady take multivitamins and folic acid but i'm willing to try anything at the moment!

My take on getting pregnant without periods is that eventually you will ovulate, and if you 'catch' during that ovulation, you'll get pregnant. If you don't, you'll get a period.

It's sorta like getting pregnant on you first cycle after having a baby, or getting pregnant on your very first cycle (which would be dreadful because you'd be 12 or so years old!). In either case, you haven't had a period yet.

That's the way I understand it anyway.

i have just bought the book taking charge of your fertility by toni welscher as advertised at the top of the forum i find it really useful and it talks more about this kind of thing and having anovulatory cycle, you can get it on amazon for £12 ish. Its very inspiring for all ttcers

Thanks for your replies guys! I'm sill surfing on the internet for answers, will keep you informed! :|

well people we have news,, this moring i took a clearblue test and it gave me the news that i was pregnant :lol: i've just dun another and it gave the same news. the only reason i did one was my boobs were sore and i has eating the house empty so i did i test.
gonna go to the doc's this week to get confirmation.. i let you know
wish me luck and many many thanks to everyone
a-j

congrates

what a relif(sp) that must be after all that going on.

good luck and best wishes for a smoothly trouble free pregnancy

xSuzx

Congrats on your BFP!! What a happy result to your query!!

thanks suz, margaret! Just can't wait for the doc'c to confirm tho. :? Still don't want to get my hopes up for some reason!!!!!!!!

Fantastic!! Congratulations and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!! :D

Katt x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back