• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A bit of a moan - should it be this hard to find out who your midwife is

sholou_uk

Reaction score
Sorry this is a bit of a frustrated moan! I went to the doctors a week and a half ago and he just told me to go to reception and make an appointment with the midwife. No forms to sign, no questions really, all he did was calculated the due date which he calculated a month earlier than it should be and I had to correct him. I went to the receptionist and she made me an appointment. I then found out I cant do that as it is a first appointment and therefore, the midwife will call me and she took my details on a scrappy piece of paper.
I heard nothing and then looked at the hospital website and it gave me a number where expectant mums should call up to get into contact with a midwife when they find out they are pregnant and as I had no contact in a week I thought I would give it a go
The lady took my details and then said I would get a call back. I then received a phone call from a midwife who once she realised which doctors I am registered with said she wasnt my midwife but I am sure I am somewhere in the system and someone will call me back.
Getting quite fed up, just feel that no one cares. I dont want to just be in the system somewhere in limbo I want to know who my midwife is in case I have any problems. There seems to be a high risk of miscarriage within my family (I really dont know if that means I am more at risk) but I would just like some reassurance and someone I can ask questions and know when I am likely to have my scan etc
Also concerned as I am going on holiday in a week and a half and if I don't have a booking in appointment before then I will be 10 weeks when I return and the hospital says the midwife should have seen you by then and I dont want my scan appointment to be delayed because of all this!
I apologise if I am just being a moany hormonal pregnant woman!

When I went to the doctors they said midwife will contact you when you are ten weeks and probably not before come back if you have any bleeding put apart from that let nature take its course. I also feel in limbo thinking will they actually call etc?! Sure they will but I'm still concerned lol x

I had to call the team of community midwives first who took my details and said someone would be in contact in A few weeks. I didn't actually see a midwife till I was 10 weeks for booking in. The majority of the ones I have spoken to have been unhelpful and really not nice so not looking good for later on in pregnanacy and starting to go off my hospital too but there are no over ones close by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back