A big hello and Thanks!

Moofa

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Thank you ever so much for your kind thoughts and replies to all the threads, and thanks to my text buddies Bowmanzoo, Sandi4Paul and HidiLou for passing on messages.

Alban is a fantastic baby he sleeps 90% of the time and only wakes up between 2-3am for a feed and again at 6am. We were all very surprised at his weight of 8lb 1 ¾ oz considering I am only 4ft 11in and petite.

He has also been fantastically patient. As you may know I have limited use of my right side and after a disastrous few days trying to breast feed he very happily has taken to the bottle and even helps me at times. He is getting used to the way I change his nappies and dress him. I think we have been very lucky with him- oh and he is gorgeous too.

The hospital staff were brilliant and very caring. I explained to them that I knew I wouldn’t physically be able to breast feed or express on my own (after 4 days of trying) and how my midwife would not listen or give me advice on alternative methods (I was crying by this time) and they gave me hugs. I said I was dreading her visit because she would start up again with the pressure so they rang up my local unit and requested that I have another midwife and told me that I should have been offered support and choice on alternative methods and not pressured into a method I couldn’t do. After Alban took the first bottle I have really got into the swing of motherhood as I am enjoying him rather then every time I was handed him it was to be another struggle (if that makes sense) trying to feed.

I’ll post my birth story soon.

Good luck to everyone waiting and loads of labour dust to you all

Mx

:wave: Awwww a huge congratulations! he sounds like a dream baby! i wish you and your new family lots and lots of happy times and memories!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

lots of love x

awww congratulations on your handsome wee man!! :cheer:

he sounds like a brill wee baby, glad he likes his sleep and is behaving!

gorgeous name by the way :hug: xxx

congrats!! sounds like you have a brill wee man there!!

Congratulations hun! Alban sounds like a little angel! Born on my OH's 30th birthday too :cheer:

All the best,

Sarah x

Congratulations, sounds like you're having a wonderful time bonding with Alban :hug:

CONGRATS :cheer: i have been checking in looking for you ..can't wait to see pics :D

Congrats, glad he is doing well!

Grrr about the MW not helping (evil witch!!) and Im sooo pleased the hospital staff were more helpful

Aww contractions!! :cheer: I bet he is a pleasure - After all he put you through, I'm sure he's feeling pretty bad right now! :lol:

Bless him. Can't wait to read your birth story and see pics of the little fella! xx

Awww great news :hug: Pleased to hear you eventually got the support you deserve :)

congratulations..you should never ever listen to midwives when you re not sure about the advice..after all youre the baby's mummy and not them..they did the same to me with holly when i was trying to breastfeed her ..they made me feel useless..!!! im gonna try again this time round cos i d love to but if it doesnt work out then i m not going to beat myself over it..and no one should judge you by your desicion!

Glad everything is going well :cheer:

Congrats on your sleepy little boy :D

BIG CONGRATULATIONS MUMMY
:dance: :dance:
WELCOME INTO THE WORLD ALBAN
:dance: :dance:

He sounds like a darling hun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics