Thanks everyone and sincere aplologise!

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey all.

First of all i would like to thank MrsMc for keeping you all updated when i was in labour. I also just want to thank everyone else for their well wishes and all of the other replies that were posted on my labour thread, It means such alot to me and my OH, I couldnt thank you more.

Secondly sorry it has taken me so long to get back on the forum to thank you all but we had a few ups and downs with Leo. We got out of hospital on christmas eve and we were aware that Leo had slight jaundice in his face but the hospital werent too concerned. Well after spending christmas as a family we noticed that his whole body was now affected by the jaundice and was increasingly getting worse so when my midwife came out on Monday (boxing day) she took bloods from him and took them to the hospital. A few hours later we got a phone call from hospital asking us to take Leo straight through as he needed phototherapy so we took him through and we have only just got out of hospital this afternoon. To cut a long story short he had treatment and lots of bloods taken but the last bloods that he had taken last came back this morning as under the treatment line. I was so happy to hear this. So turns out the phototherapy worked, It was awful not being able to cuddle him when i wanted too when he was under therapy but it looks like it has worked for him :). He still does look quite yellow but not as bad as when he went in. We just have to keep a close eye on him now and hope it doesnt come back or get worse at any point.

I will post my birth/labour story as soon as i get 5 minutes to myself lol. I dont seem to get anytime with bf'ing as he has to feed more often to try and flush the jaundice out of his system.

Last but not least... I just want to say being a mammy is just amazing, I wouldnt change him for the world, He is just perfect in every single way :). It is hard and very tiring but we will get there. The lack of sleep doesnt help either lol. Havent slept properly since last Tuesday only had half an hours and what not here and there. I guess i just dont want to miss anything :).

I will leave you with a little piccy of before his jaundice well and truly set in. You can still see it in this pic though.

Leo John Wardle.... My gorgeous little man
5a559b38.jpg

Thanks again

Amy xx

Last edited:
Gorgeous Amy :hug: Sorry to hear about Leo's jaundice but glad he's on the mend now thank goodness.

Look fwd to reading your birth story.

Xxx

Awww he really is gorgeous! Congratulations again, and pleased he's on the mend x

aaaawwwww he is gorgeous well done so sorry you have had this worry but glad things are settled now. xxxxxxxx

Congratulations He is very sweet glad he is better now.

Aww he's a little cutie! Glad the jaundice has gone now! :yay:

What a handsome little man, congratulations xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back