98th centile?

Minxy

Reaction score
Stanley's up there for his weight, 20lbs at 4 and a half months.

He's on it for his height too, so HV has told me not to worry he's fat, but I am curious as to how long he's likely to be so big for his age. OH is tall, but his brother is BEHEMOTH and with childhood obesity such a hot topic, there is always a niggle at the back of my mind.......

Was your child/baby measuring very high at any time? Are they still? Anyone had a similar experience?

Braydon has alway been top of all them thing for height and weight but he is big bold not fat tho iv been told hell be a good 6 n half foot tall

Was the sperm donor tall?

Stanley is built similar to Braydon I think, just solid :lol:

Harley has always been between the 98th and 99.6th Im not sure if he is tall though :? he has never been measured :roll:
at 4 months he weighed 19lb.
got him weighed today he is 25lb. its shocking becasue Dior was 25lb at 17months :lol:

as much as i love chunky babies its to much carrying them about :roll: Harley is so heavy my arm goes numb
and the poor lil man has never wore jeans they wont go round his legs :lol:

but my HV has never been bothered about his weight as he has always followed the same centile so its nothing to worry about
once he is mobile i think he will burn the rolls off :lol:
But you might find Stanley is like Harley, Harley was late at sitting rolling because he is to heavy and i cant see Harley ever crawling :lol:

dionne said:
and the poor lil man has never wore jeans they wont go round his legs

We're always in trackies too!

I was HOPING :pray: Stanley may walk a little earlier, my back is already shot to pieces carrying him about :?

:shock: awwwww bless your little chunky monkey's ladies :hug: :hug: they are both lovely big boys. My son lee was only 6lb 13oz born and was small and skinny right up till school age, now hes nearly 6', takes adults XXL clothes and a size 13 shoe and only 12!!!!!!! :shock: , Ben my eldest was like your 2 boys he was 7lb 11oz and got really chubby and chunky, he was in 12-18 months clothes at 6 months cos he was huge. Now he's 6'2" and a very good looking boy tall and athletic he is 14. My point is he was a big baby growing up and he is the smaller one so i dont think it reflects on how they are goin to be when they get older, As dionne said once they get moving about it should just disappear and they will even out :hug: xxxx

I remember from being about 3 months old Jessica was well above average for her age. She wasn't even on the chart for her weight. I think her height was above the 98th centile. We were back and to seeing the doctor cos i was worried about her. She is only just coming into a more normal range now at 6 and a half. Her height is still in the 98th centile (don't know where she get it from) and her weight has come down and is in the red line at the top of the chart now. She doesn't look fat at all no more cos shes so tall for her weight. We haven't done anything different with her, she always eats well but her weight just seems to have stayed the same for about 2 years. Poor Aimee is 13 months and only weighs 19lbs, Lol they are so different. Hope it doesn't take as long for his weight to level out but i wouldn't start worrying just yet. BTW Jess was walking at 11 months but Aimee still isn't so i didn't hold her back!

Mason was "above the 99th" from about 3 weeks old. My HV told me it was great! I was BFing so there's nothing that could have been done about it anyway, some babies are just made to be bigger, that's all. when he starts moving around more you'll see the weight drop off :)

i weighed a stone and half when i was four months old (il see if i can dig and pics out)
im now a slim size 8-10 and have been since losing all the baby weight when i started walking
so dont worry to much :D
manda x

pics are you ready for these lol
mebaby4months.jpg

ABCD0002-4.jpg

then slowly losing it at 6 months old
ABCD0004-3.jpg

so please dont worry if your babys a bit chunky lol my parents dint they even gave me rock to eat when i had hardly no teeth!!! thats what you get for being in the 80's lol no-one cared
manda x

he will be fine hun try not to worry :hug:

Alastair is on the 2nd centile and weighs 12lb 4oz bless him :D

Crikey :shock:

Rubie is only 20lb now at 13 months

Is she underweight??

corr minxey stanley is doing brilliantlry, Louie is now 14lb & 1/2 oz.
keep doing whatever you're doing & don't ever worry hes too big the minute he starts moving aroung ie crawling, walking the weight falls off.
:hug:

Kim said:

Is she underweight??

if her weight has always been steady then i wouldnt worry thats what they told me with Dior as she was always small

I couldn't believe it when I saw my DH's baby pics! he looked like a sumo wrestler! He is now 6ft and athletic and doesn't do a sit up and has a six pack. His brother was also a big baby and now his kids are too. His son is 7 months and weighs 2 pounds less than his 2 year old sister who is big for her age :shock: I can't remember how much he weighs though but he is gorgoeus and happy. As long as he eats a good diet and has a fun childhood playing outside like we all used to he'll be fine. Also the fact that you are concerned shows that you are doing all the right things. He's only a baby, once he is toddling everywhere he will start burning off so much energy. Be proud of your little man, he's so adorable :)

skatty said:
I couldn't believe it when I saw my DH's baby pics! he looked like a sumo wrestler! He is now 6ft and athletic and doesn't do a sit up and has a six pack.

Be proud of your little man, he's so adorable :)

I second that Minxy Stanley is absoloutely gorgeous and doing so well too, hes got the height aswell as the weight and hes doing fine, Alfies on 75th centile for weight and just between 75th and 91st centile for height so im not worried about him as they are on the same growth path, if his weight was on 75th and height was on 9th or 25th id be pretty worried, I know the feeling I always panick about people thinking Alfies fat but hes my chunky little man and the more of him there is the more i get to kiss and blow rasberries on so dont get yourself down hes gorgeous and bouncy and happy and really gorgeous (I know this is the second gorgeous in this sentence but he is very gorgeous :D ) I think being Mummies we worry about everything, comes with the territory

Skatty are you trying to make me jealous? The only six pack Ian has is sitting in my fridge! :x :x :x

Kim said:

Is she underweight??

all my older three kids were exactly 21Ib on their first birthday. i made a point of going down and getting them weighed. :D

Kim, Olivia is 20lbs now and she's just a couple of weeks short of being 1 yr old, I think girls are mostly more petite than the guys so no need to worry hun.

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back