8week rule?...

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Cynderella, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Cynderella

Cynderella Well-Known Member

So went to docs today to see if he could help about the sickness etc

He put me on the system as sickness only NOT pregnancy related as he said he wouldn't do that until the 8th week as I'm still in the "danger" period??..

I really don't get it I've been in before that with the others! I thought you saw the mw at 8 weeks yet I won't have even been referred then!

2. Jacq23

Jacq23 Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing mw until I am 10 weeks.

Btw I have found Preggie Pops Drops brilliant (available from Amazon) for sickness. Also, I think some people have mentioned Sour Patch Kids sweets so that might mean Tangfastics would work too?! I guess anything sour really as I find that knocks the edge of the nausea xx

3. AJay

AJay Well-Known Member

Different doctors and different Tusts seem to vary their approach. I did not see my Midwife last time until 9 weeks when I was then registered on the system as pregnant.

I found that sour starburst sweets helped curb the nausea. I have heard that the seasickness acupressure bands can really help.

xx

4. ceriannbrown

ceriannbrown Well-Known Member

I saw my midwife at 10 weeks, it seemed really late and i got stressed. but i hear this is normal.

5. Cynderella

Cynderella Well-Known Member

Oh we'll 2 more weeks then I can be referred lol