8 week vacination reactions

Newmum13

Reaction score
Hi,

My little girl had her injections today and has been so distressed all afternoon, screaming like she never has before and then dosing in my arms but screaming when she wakes. I've checked her temperature and she doesn't have a fever so not sure what is wrong. Did anyone else have this?
Thanks
Xxxx

Poor thing! My little girl was fine after hers although I gave her Calpol as she felt a little warm. I would give her some if you haven't already.

Definitely give Calpol if you haven't already. It is the official NHS recommendation to do so - http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pages/meningitis-b-vaccine.aspx

"Babies given the Men B vaccine alongside their other routine vaccinations at 8 and 16 weeks are likely to develop fever within the first 24 hours after vaccination.
It's important that you give your baby liquid paracetamol following vaccination to reduce the risk of fever. Your nurse will give you more information about paracetamol at your vaccination appointment.
Other common side effects include irritability and redness and tenderness at the injection site. The liquid paracetamol will also help with these symptoms."

Hi new mum 13
My baby boy had his 8 week jabs 4 weeks ago just keep giving calpol every 4 hours regardless and lots of cuddles and extra feeds xxx

Thanks everyone,

She'd had calpol but was still quite distressed, seems a lot better today though just quite cuddly but a lot calmer! Not looking forward to the next set �� Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back