8 month old resisting day time naps

Marijana FC

Reaction score
My Miss Cheerful has been driving me mad for the last week or so. She has become really weird when it comes to day time naps. She used to sleep twice a day (morning and afternoon) but now she doesn't want to go down almost at all. She is tired, rubbing her eyes and doing similar sleep related things but then screaming like mad when I try to settle her or put her in her cot. She is obviosely resisting sleep. Touch wood, bed time is still OK.
Is this a normal phase for an 8 month old baby? Am I maybe wrong in making her sleep twice a day when, maybe, she wants to sleep only once a day? I really wish these babies come with the manual! :D

really wish these babies come with the manual!
:rotfl: Agreed!! 100%

Praps scrap the morning nap til after her lunch? She'll be nice and full and really sleepy if shes use to a mornign nap. ha i dont understand babies i could quiet happily have a nap after my lunch every day!!! :wink:

I know how you feel!! Ryan's been doing this the past few weeks but settled down again. I don't know why, or what caused it (although he's been quite poorly of late), but I'm glad its sorted. It's so frustrating though :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back