Daytime naps question

nikkif

Reaction score
CHarlotte doesnt like being put down for naps during the day, she screams even when she is shtattered but would sleep on me ok. She also only has short naps usually.

SHe goes to sleep really well at night so we are lucky there.

DO you think it would help if we put her in cot with curtains closed in day and kept trying it at regular times or would the dark confuse her with the night time. I just dont want to spoil her night time routine which is good at the mo. It just does my head in some days her screaming cos she is tired and while i do not mind her sleeping on me sometimes i want her to be able to nodd off herself

xx

Hey hun.

I am having the same problem with amber.....i know she is so tired and does not want to go to sleep. But i fight her back with it and hold her close and calm her down and rock her to sleep in my arms and when she is sleep just lay her on the sofa next to me for however long she goes for.

try the cot she may seee this as her place to sleep and fall to sleep for half an hour...Amber wakes up during the day as soon as i tried h er in the cot i think she was confused with the light outside....

Anything is worth a try. Amber only naps for half an hour twice during the day but she is alot happier for a little nap.

At that age Isaac napped for about 20mins a day and only on me and I never got him into his cot, but that sounds like a great idea, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

id say try and make a regular nap time, babies love routine.

put her into her cot and settle her in a similar way to at night time.

my room is never pitch black.

perserverance is the key also. when i started putting riley down for a nap at 3, he screamed, but on the 3rd day, he settled with no problems :)

hope that helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back