8 days late and 2 neg pregnancy tests?

numpty1979

Reaction score
Hey!!

I'm new here so be nice!!! lol

A bit of background.....My boyfriend and I decided to try for a baby a few months back. I'm 31 and he's 36. I got married in 2006 and divorced 18 months later and was devasted thinking I was never going to be a mother. I had been trying with my ex-husband with no joy and after the break up I experienced massive problems with my period. Lasy year I decided to checked by the hospital. I was told everything was OK and my period is regular but comes every 21 days.

My period is now 8 days late. I have done 2 pregnancy tests and both have come back negative. I'm really only o my 29th day but to me that's not normal. I'm experiencing strange pains across my lower stomach, my boobs are tender, I got really dizzy today and nearly fell over!! I had brown mild spotting on one occassion when my period was due - but nothing happened.

I don't know what to do at this stage. I know it's a waiting game but I wish someone would tell me whether I'm pregnant or not!!! I believe if I've concieved it will have been the last week of December. Is it too early to get a positive test?

I don't want to get too excited but it's hard not to.

Welcome to the forum! :wave: It's not too early to get a positive test by now, and while most people would get a clear result by the time their period would be due not everyone does - while all pregnant women produce hCG, not all secrete it into their urine as efficiently as others, so some people don't get positive results on pregnancy tests until later. Your symptoms are definitely promising, and the spotting (was it when your period was due this month?) could have been implantation bleeding. Some doctors won't offer blood tests until you are a few weeks late but it's worth asking your doctor if they'll do one for you. Fingers crossed! x

Thankyou Sam's Mum

The only thing I want from life is to be a Mum. When I went to the hospital last year they told me I was too overweight to have a child. I was completely gutted.

Is it possible for females to imagine symptoms of pregnancy? I know I have the symptoms I stated but I'm scared of reading too much stuff and getting my hopes up too high for a let down.

Yes, it was around the time my period was due that I spotted.

Hey :wave:

Welcome to PF :)

I think you should test again as the spotting could of been implantation as can happen around the time your period due

If still negative either try again in a few days or go & see the doctor about getting a blood test done

Fx for you :clover: & sending you lots of sticky bean :dust:

xxx

Thankyou!

I'm now 11 days late and another negative pregnancy test!!!

I'm busy for the next week and won't be able to get to the Doctors but if it still isnt here next week I'm making an appointment.

I am on my 32 cycle 8 days late. i had 1 test that came up with two lines and the other with one line. I have been feeling sick and the other day having pain in one of my nipple. am hoping to visit my doctors next week if i can get appointment. I have been trying for 8 years and have lost my first baby at 12 weeks this was in 2013. can anyone give me advice. thank you :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back