7 weeks

ceriannbrown

Reaction score
Sorry if someone has already covered this one.. I did look through quite a few pages to check!

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who can reassure me everything is ok?

5 weeks ish to wait for a scan, a few weeks to wait to hear from the midwife.. all I can do is sit here a bit terrified that something bad could happen!

Lots of tummy aches, lots of naps... feeling very lazy right now.

Just looking for some words of encouragement. Feeling a bit alone with it all right now!

Hey, don't worry this is all really normal, the first few weeks are really stressful so many things can happen. I think most people have some cramps and tugs and aches in the first few weeks so don't panic. You just have to sit back and let your body do what it does cos there's nothing you can do. Lots of luck for the next nine months x.

Don't worry, I feel exactly the same and i'm seven weeks today. All I want to do is be sick and sleep. I had a reassurance scan on Friday which showed a healthy strong heartbeat. Your symptoms sound reassuring xx

Your not alone hun, we all feel like this at sum point, all very normal.

Michelle. x

Your def not alone. I'm 7 and abit weeks and I've been worried for about the last 5 days. I've had horrible stomach pain and cramps but its been checked out by 2 doctors and apparently everything's fine!

Apparently I've had an ibs flare up!! So I'm now totally changing my diet and taking peppermint oil to soothe me.

Anyway what I'm trying to get at is we're all having issues and so we're all here to support each other. If your worried about anything I'd contact your gp until you see your midwife just to get some peace of mind :smile:

Aw thank you. just the words I needed really! it's really nice to be able to come on here and see that other people are experiencing the exact same sort of thing! It's all very exciting and scary :) xx

Ah wow it sounds like we are very similar then in this one .. I can only liken these stomach cramps to period pain. It's not agonising but it's like a dull ache, always there!! i seem to never stop napping. it does make me feel like im being lazy! I keep setting alarms so i can force myself to go get things done. off work next week (was hoping to party and drink but found out about this!! so will most likely be drinking water and staying in lol) ... not sure how i'll be when i get back to work. i want to be a few weeks on so i feel i can tell everyone. only told parents really! :) xx

Don't worry, I feel exactly the same and i'm seven weeks today. All I want to do is be sick and sleep. I had a reassurance scan on Friday which showed a healthy strong heartbeat. Your symptoms sound reassuring xx

Aw that's really good, (obviously not that you feel rubbish!) thank you very much for that :) I would like a reassurance scan, I wasn't aware these could happen? I am yet to hear from a midwife but it's early days yet, only known since thursday really! :)

I was bleeding hun so I went straight to doctors who did my bloods and checked my cervix, all came back fine Apart from I had Group Strep B. A week later I bled again and went to a walk in centre who diagnosed me with a uti and put me on antibiotics but all was fine. I bled again and went to my gp and asked for a scan and shown all was fine. So all the bleeding was from uti and implantation. Xx

I had miscarriage last month, and am petrified something will go wrong this time. I spoke to my dr who wasn't sure if this is a new pregnancy or my hcg levels haven't gone down, so I'm waiting on a date for a scan. I know it's def a new pregnancy as I had a number of negative pregnancy tests, followed by a lot of positive ones that got stronger. But I'm not going to say anything to the dr. I'll take the scan just for reassurance.

You can get a private reassurance scan. The are about £100.

I was bleeding hun so I went straight to doctors who did my bloods and checked my cervix, all came back fine Apart from I had Group Strep B. A week later I bled again and went to a walk in centre who diagnosed me with a uti and put me on antibiotics but all was fine. I bled again and went to my gp and asked for a scan and shown all was fine. So all the bleeding was from uti and implantation. Xx

wow that all sounds pretty traumatic. i hope you're okay now? i am terrified as it is without all of that happening! glad all showing fine on the scan though. bet that's a huge relief for you x

I had miscarriage last month, and am petrified something will go wrong this time. I spoke to my dr who wasn't sure if this is a new pregnancy or my hcg levels haven't gone down, so I'm waiting on a date for a scan. I know it's def a new pregnancy as I had a number of negative pregnancy tests, followed by a lot of positive ones that got stronger. But I'm not going to say anything to the dr. I'll take the scan just for reassurance.

How far a long were you when the miscarriage happened? I'm really sorry to hear about that :( I hope everything gets better for you and goes as planned. I think I'll just try to relax until the midwife calls really.. i would be wasting NHS time and money by going for checks purely because im a neurotic worrier! Tummys hurting a lot today, feel horrible :( x

I felt exactly like this! But have my 12 week Scan Tuesday so fingers crossed all will be ok.... It felt like a life time away and now it's nearly here! I'm sure you will be fine. I love this forum, so reassuring to hear that other ppl have the same worries Etc. :)

How far a long were you when the miscarriage happened? I'm really sorry to hear about that :( I hope everything gets better for you and goes as planned. I think I'll just try to relax until the midwife calls really.. i would be wasting NHS time and money by going for checks purely because im a neurotic worrier! Tummys hurting a lot today, feel horrible :( x

Hey,

I was almost 11 weeks when I had the medical management. But had scan at 6 weeks due to suspected ectopic.and they picked it up then. Totally believe things happen for a reason.

I've got a sore tummy all the time too.think that's a good sign :)

Nothing is wasting their time if it puts your mind at ease. I'm going to pay for private scans between my scheduled ones.

Hey,

I was almost 11 weeks when I had the medical management. But had scan at 6 weeks due to suspected ectopic.and they picked it up then. Totally believe things happen for a reason.

I've got a sore tummy all the time too.think that's a good sign :)

Nothing is wasting their time if it puts your mind at ease. I'm going to pay for private scans between my scheduled ones.

Hey,
I know exactly how you feel. This is my first pregnancy so I've literally got no idea what to expect and I keep Googling everything to make sure it's normal! This forum has been great because I get to speak to others in the same situation and almost the same stage as I am.

I'm in Australia at the moment but am moving back to the UK in a few weeks. So I'm having my first scan in a few days because I want to know everything's ok and get a better idea of dates etc. The medical system here isn't free like the NHS so I think you can pretty much have scans whenever you want as you're paying for them!

I've been feeling pretty rubbish the past week or so, my 'morning' sickness has kicked in except it seems to last most of the day and night rather than just the mornings!

Have you joined the 'any Feb Mummies to be' thread? If not then you should :)

Sara x

Hey,
I know exactly how you feel. This is my first pregnancy so I've literally got no idea what to expect and I keep Googling everything to make sure it's normal! This forum has been great because I get to speak to others in the same situation and almost the same stage as I am.

I'm in Australia at the moment but am moving back to the UK in a few weeks. So I'm having my first scan in a few days because I want to know everything's ok and get a better idea of dates etc. The medical system here isn't free like the NHS so I think you can pretty much have scans whenever you want as you're paying for them!

I've been feeling pretty rubbish the past week or so, my 'morning' sickness has kicked in except it seems to last most of the day and night rather than just the mornings!

Have you joined the 'any Feb Mummies to be' thread? If not then you should :)

Sara x

Hey there! haha wow you have a flight to endure and everything. bet you sleep through that one :p I am absolutely exhausted like, all the time at the moment. was planning an action packed week off work and i can barely leave the bed!! my poor bf.

Yeah I find myself very grateful for our healthcare system recently - imagine we were in the US or like you say, Aus. I really just couldnt afford it. I don't know how they manage to have such good birth rates?!

and no I haven't joined those threads yet. I most likely will when I get my head around this site, honestly im rubbish at forums! Thanks for the recommendation :) also have a safe flight back x

Tell them you are pregnant. They might upgrade you ;-)

I was thinking that! The person booking the flight for me is going to tell them I'm pregnant anyway because you're meant to but I might just mention it again at the airport and lay it on a bit thick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back