7 month old keeps grumping....

jamas_mama

Reaction score
He's been a great baby until recently and its starting to upset me a little bit so just wondering if its normal for a baby once he gets to the 7 month mark to change from happy to grumpy? He seems to moan all day long and isn't happy playing or being cuddled and wont nap. He eats fine. I just dont know whats wrong with him. I cant make him happy and I feel like a bad mum cos its wearing me down. Could it be his teeth? He seems to have been teething for about 3 months now but still no sign of anything although I can feel teeth just under the gum at the back. He doesnt seem to be ill, I dont know what to do. He only naps now if I rock him to sleep and I have bad morning sickness just now and the rocking does me no favours - he used to nap without rocking. Is it normal? Or am I doing something wrong? x

Hiya and welcome!

You're not doing anything wrong at all. To me, especially the age he's at, it sounds like it could be his teeth.

We all like Teething beads here !!
Is he better with Calpol? Medised can help them sleep if they are grouchy and also clears up a runny nose if he's snotty.

Good luck!

Don't worry hun, it sounds perfectly normal, they seem to go through a clingy stage at this age then contradict themselves lol
Are you a SAHM? not being horrible but he might be bored of you, Jack can be really arsey all day with me then when Oh comes in he is all smiles :think:

Try taking him for a walk in buggy for a change of scenery and he might just nod off (fingers crossed), can anyone take him off your hands for an hour or so to give you a break, as if you are tired and sicky as you are bound to be, he may well be picking up on this

Good luck hun, and if you just wanna rant Pm me x

Are you a SAHM? not being horrible but he might be bored of you, Jack can be really arsey all day with me then when Oh comes in he is all smiles

Sounds like our scenario!!

Ella is exactly the same at the moment, I've been blaming her teeth. Today she's been an angel and guess who's home.... :roll: She just wants to be out and about all the time and gets really bored and grumpy at home no matter what I do with her. She's really clingy to be held aswell, am sure it's just a phase though. I read that around 8 months she starts to realise that I still exist when I leave the room so wont be as clingy, roll on month 8!! :lol:

Just want you to know that you're not alone and I can sympathise with feeling rough and dealing with clingy bub :)

Yes it could well be teething- Elliott has just had an awful month where he wasn't himself at all and it's all been down to teeth. He wasn't sleeping properly, was grumpy, didn't laugh as much, had tummy problems and a cold too. This week however he has reverted to happy baby again thank goodness! I swear by Medised at night (although I did have to give him a repeat dose some nights when it wore off when his teeth were really bad) and also those Bickiepeg biscuits you can get in the chemists.

Hope he gets rid of the grumps soon hun!
+++

Awww Elliott is gorgeous!!! I am going to try that medised and see how he goes, cos he's up crying a few times a night too. Can teething give him a stuffy nose? I cant wait for month 8 if he realises I dont just disappear!! housework is getting a complete go by just now... its driving me insane!!! I am a SAHM but OH is here most of the time too as he's been made redundant - another reason I am going :wall: So James is probably sick fed up with us both. I am going to make an effort to get him out more often (being hiding from the hot weather - just an excuse really...), it might help xxx

I know what you mean about housework and getting out - I haven't been in for a full day once this week and am only managing to get the basic amount of housework done when Ella is napping. I was hoping for a day at home yesterday but nope, she got really grumpy and we had to go out. Once we're around other people she's fine!

Hi again, i just wanted to add, that he prob is teething and i had a really bad week with Jack a little while ago, He was teething, had a cold and was grumpy with the weather!!!!

So the weather could be a factor as well hun.

Also forgot to say you are not doing anything wrong at all :hug:

and remember we are here for you x

Hi

That could almost be written about Zara and me. She's still lovely but not quite her sunny self. She's a bit grumpy, gets fed up easily and I can feel her teeth coming trough at the back of her gums but not really see them yet. Zara has always slept well but it's not been fun the last week I can tell you.

I am also with you on the morning sickness and rocking front! :puke:

Nice to know I'm not alone :D

Louise

Apparently the stuffy nose could be connected to teething (how I don't know!) and Medised has an antihistamine in it to help clear the nose (that's what also helps them sleep as it makes them drowsy). I tended to use Medised at night if he was bad and Calpol if he wasn't that bad or during the day (but not the two together obviously as they both have paracetamol in them). My OH works from home and when Elliott is grumpy it gets us all down which is pants. I have to think of reasons to get out of the house that don't involve spending money just to amuse Elliott and give my OH some working space! It's tricky with this weather to know how much that's a factor too as it's difficult enough to sleep anyway.

Kina- I've given up on housework this week too and have spent most of it down the park pointing Elliott at the kids on the play equipment which keeps him very amused. If I don't make "we're going out" movements by midday he gets grumpy until we're heading out of the door. Once out he's as smiley as you please and charming old ladies left right and centre! It does sound like a 7-9 month phase doesn't it?

+++

Kina- I've given up on housework this week too and have spent most of it down the park pointing Elliott at the kids on the play equipment which keeps him very amused. If I don't make "we're going out" movements by midday he gets grumpy until we're heading out of the door. Once out he's as smiley as you please and charming old ladies left right and centre! It does sound like a 7-9 month phase doesn't it?

Hopefully :pray: Give it a couple months and we'll be alright (but they'll be moving god dammit ;) ) Glad to know that I'm not alone though, beginning to feel a bit down about it, especially as noone seems to see Ella when she's being a madam as she cheers up around other people or when we're out so I feel like a fraud! Doesn't help when you get my mum or Matt's mum saying things like 'you're a good girl aren't you? Mummy's telling lies' :wall:

Housework? I've forgotton the meaning of the word.
Brody is that busy crawling round and pulling himself up on stuff I can just about keep the lounge tidy cos I'm stuck in here with him all the time, the kicthen is a tip and the dining room just gets everything dumped in there that can't go in the lounge cos of Brody. Oh, and don't even ask me about the laundry, how on earth are you supposed to get time to put clean washing away?
I think 7-8 months is when they start to get really clingy, I work in a creche and I've seen it so many times, a baby that's been fine for months suddenly doesn't want to be left.

jamas_mama said:
He's been a great baby until recently and its starting to upset me a little bit so just wondering if its normal for a baby once he gets to the 7 month mark to change from happy to grumpy? He seems to moan all day long and isn't happy playing or being cuddled and wont nap. He eats fine. I just dont know whats wrong with him. I cant make him happy and I feel like a bad mum cos its wearing me down. Could it be his teeth? He seems to have been teething for about 3 months now but still no sign of anything although I can feel teeth just under the gum at the back. He doesnt seem to be ill, I dont know what to do. He only naps now if I rock him to sleep and I have bad morning sickness just now and the rocking does me no favours - he used to nap without rocking. Is it normal? Or am I doing something wrong? x

Reece was EXACTLY the same. He changed at about 6 months and is still a little grump now. And getting even worse.

He had signs of teething from about 3 months too but never got his first tooth till 11.5 months :shock:

Not sure what you can do hun but if you find a cure for the grumpiness let me know lol :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back