• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

7 month/8 month baby?

Rachey

Reaction score
Someone at work told me that a 7 month baby has more chance of survival than an 8 month baby? Is that true? Something to do with their lung development she said..:eh:

I always thought the further along you were, the better for baby it would be?

xxx

Hi hun, Someone posted the exact same thing a couple of days ago??!! How strange! I'd say further along u are the better chance of baby being mote developed x

Oh did they? Sorry, must have missed it :wall2:

It's strange that we've both been told the same thing, hmmmmm wonder where they are getting it from!

Sounds weird to me too though, like you said, you'd think the further along you are then the more developed baby would be xxx

My MIL told me the same thing, i don't believe it to be honest. xxx

oh hun my stupid mother in law said the same thing to me, it was so upsetting!! but dont let it get to you! people listen to something somewhere and take it as gospel lol

think this is true me mil midwife told her that when she was having her little boy a still find strange though x

Load of old nonsense - Ella was born at 8 months and perfect.

The nurses in SCBU said that babies born after 32 weeks have a very high chance of survival and every week after that in the womb is of huge benefit - I suspect they knew what they were talking about!

Hey, I read this the other day on here to. I have no idea, decided not to google it as it is just going to make me worry more then I need to i think... x

Baby's can survive from 23/24 weeks so I wouldn't read too much into this. Babies are often born 6 weeks early and are just fine :) x

I can't see how that would make any sense... Brooke was born at 33wks and she was very healthy thankfully and I can't see how if she was born 2-3wks later she would be less healthy!! I wouldn't believe it!! But that's me xx

I wouldnt believe this as my consultant said last week every day / week they stay in the womb the stronger they are.

Why do people say these things do people really want to scare pregnant women do they not realize we have enough to worry about :wall2:

Yeah that's a load of rubbish hun. My waters went at 32 weeks and my consultant wanted me to stay pregnant for as long as possible if that makes sense. They were hoping to get me to 36 weeks. But that wasn't to be, i went into natural labour a week later xxxx

Sounds like their talking out their bums then, wonder why people say things like that when they don't even know!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back